Run AoE II in Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakkeyal

Is there a way I can play Age of Empires II (conquerors) in a windowed mode?

It just doesn't seem like I have time to play the game on it's own anymore, so I was wondering if I could (with windowed mode) do a few things at once.

If the game doesn't have an option, you can try right clicking the desktop shortcut and under the Shortcut tab. In the Target area, go to the end and space once and put in -swindow

If this doesn't work, let us know. Then again, let us know if it did. ;)

laptop switiching on problem

dear Sir
I have hp laptop presario v6000
On swithiching on led indicators all lit. But the screen is blank./window xp is not booting. battery and power ok. plead advise for troubleshoot.
hello everybody
thanks baby antony

No, there isn't an option specifically for windowed mode. However, I know that the game is old enough that it doesn't take up that much memory or is very hard on the processor. So it shouldn't need to be full screen, if I can manage to figure it out.

If you right click on the exe and check the options it might be in there, I have a feeling a game like that wont run in a window, I've tried ittbefore with no luck (only similar games)

ok ive installed the game and yes none of those options work

sometimes in some of the older games they didnt make a windowed mode..

you can try running it in vmware or similar.. that way you can have the game "full screen" on the virtual pc, but the virtual pc is windowed on your normal desktop..

although a problem would be to have access to another copy of windows to install in it and you wouldn't know how well it will run inside a virtual pc environment untill you've tried it...

I agree that that would be better. Maybe just look around for a second-hand monitor. If you have a graphics card capable of two connections, it will be cheper to use it.

Acually i run starcraft in windows mode at home works fine. The same might work for AOE 2. Its desinged as a generic direct x something windowed mode launcher. Its not very good havn't tried it on anything else but.....

so??
its still the same basic idea, run a 3D accelerated directX application in a window.
nope they are not the same but mostly only in the gameplay, Starcraft is better :) but they still use the same basic programming (i think) to run the game, specifacly concerning the window in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back