TechSpot

Run mac os on a pc computer

By maxglover1989
Mar 18, 2008
  1. hiya,
    could anyone help me? I have a comp that i built myself and i would like to test mac os before i buy an apple laptop in september. is there a program that lets me run mac os on a pc aswell as running windows xp pro?

thank you

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,956   +587

two choices: Bootcamp and Parallels Desktop.

Bootcamp allows DUAL boot; you run one or the other at boot time.

Parallels allows both to run; Windows is run in a Virtual Machine on Mac OS X 10.4 or better.

You need to purchase Parallels AND Windows to install on it.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,684   +394

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,956   +587

oops! insufficient coffee this morning ;)

5. Jayb118

Jayb118 TS Rookie Posts: 18

Unfortunatly i dont think there is any way to run mac on windows :( Lol i would have never spent all the money i did on a macbook pro if you could XD

Lol i would love to see pc's running OSX, it would force apple to lower their prices because anyone wanting to run OSX would just buy a pc and then get hold of OSX and not pay the stupid money for a mac XD

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,684   +394

You can do it Jayb118, but its not as elegant as on a Mac in several ways, and I think updates still break it. We have a thread on it here: Mac OS x86

7. Jayb118

Jayb118 TS Rookie Posts: 18

Oh right, i didn't know that XD Thanks for telling me :D I still would love to see the day that OSX is legally available to run on a pc, like bootcamp is with windows.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.