Run time eror R6034

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I wonder if one of you can help me please with a problem which is driving me up the wall.
I recently transferred all my personal files (by numerous CD's) to a new laptop running XP home from a desktop running 98SE. Everything went fine except when I attempt to open a movie file using WinAmp. Then I get an error message runtime error R6034, attempt to load C++ run time library. lf I click OK the message reappears, and if I click OK again, then the movie is played.
The same happens if I try to run the movie in Windows Media player 10.
The message appeared with both the previous and latest version of WinAmp. - The files opened perfectly well on the Win 98SE machine.

Bizarrely if I download a movie file and keep it on the desktop rather than in My Documents, the error message does not appear, provided I do not close the session. If I do then the error message appears.

Equally bizarrely the error message also appears if I transfer the file from the desktop to My Documents and then try to open it from there.

I have checked the Microsoft site and the references I have found look to be mainly concerned with manifests in Visual Basic and C++ in applications the submitters had built themselves or bought in.

Visual Basic is installed on the machine, but this has has not yet been run, nor have any self built VB applications been run.

try uninstally BOTH MS Media Player and WinAMP, restart, and then reinstall just one of them.

C Run-Time Error R6034

Error Message
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load Visual C++ DLLs. You need to modify your application to build with a manifest. For more information, see the "Visual C++ Libraries as Shared Side-by-Side Assemblies" topic in the product documentation.

If jobeard's suggestion doesn't work, try saving the movie file in a local folder with a different name and make sure the extension is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back