Run two HDDs simultaneously and switch between desktops

my question is i have just put Windows xp sp3 on 2 sata hard drives they are both hooked up to ONE computer and work just fine, i can switch between them if i restart the computer and choose the hdd i want to use in the bios start-up "i can see the other drive and access it's files in my computer and modify them if i choose to but that's not what i want to do,"
i want to switch between the drive's desktop as if i did it in the bios but without restarting every time to choose the other drive,
all im asking is if there is a way to just hit a BUTTON and change the desktop to the other hdd and only save to the drive im in use with then switch back to the other and keep the things im doing separate.
you see my mom uses one hdd for her music and emails and gets viruses and i can usually fix simply, but my hdd is for my personal uses like games, songs, movies and other programs so i want to keep the files and desktop items separate and restricted from the other hdd if you can help me with a program or a step by step process or any info that helps without the nonsense.

also the computer is a:
hp pavilion a1330n
amd64
160g hdd and a 250g hdd both are sata's
windows xp pro with sp3

many thanks to you for your help

yes i think i have got the info i was looking for.
thank you
plus im not to worried about the security on my moms hdd i have all of her stuff backed up and can always re install windows
but i do run the Microsoft security essentials for her.

MSE is very good protection but would be further enhanced by following these suggestions below. If you need any further help please do ask.

If your present security software does not include a third party Firewall or AntiSpyware.

Go Here for a selection of third party Firewalls.

Go Here or Here for Anti Spyware.

Malwarebytes free version is an excellent tool to have for running regular scans. The free version is not an active AV and can only be used to scan the system for infections. The paid for version will compliment any AV software and give full active monitoring of the system, well worth the small fee to have on your system.

WOT (Web OF Trust) Will warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

Secunia PSI is a FREE security tool designed to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs and plug-ins which expose your PC to attacks. Attacks exploiting vulnerable programs and plug-ins are rarely blocked by traditional anti-virus and are therefore increasingly "popular"among criminals.

WinPatrol is a useful facility to have. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. It can also be used to control all your start up programs.

Back