RunDLL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiblue090

Hi,

I need your help..I have.. Compaq Presario Notebook C762NR Vista sp1 Comodo Avast

When I go to Control Panel and click a file I get... RunDLL Error C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll Access is denied.

Also I ran CCleaner registry check and it shows a bunch of missing dll files along with a bunch of other things that I don't know what they are and look suspicious. I did not click the fix button...I just looked to see what it said.

Thanks for your time,
Anita

Hi,

I need your help..I have.. Compaq Presario Notebook C762NR Vista sp1 Comodo Avast

When I go to Control Panel and click a file I get... RunDLL Error C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll Access is denied.

Also I ran CCleaner registry check and it shows a bunch of missing dll files along with a bunch of other things that I don't know what they are and look suspicious. I did not click the fix button...I just looked to see what it said.

Thanks for your time,
Anita

Make sure you are login to an Administrator account.

Other than that, try another Registry Cleaner such as jv16 by Macecraft
It will check your PC and Registry's health. Run the Registry Cleaner and it will automatically fix broken registry keys and remove unused registry keys.

I am the administrator account..it's the only one on the computer.
I will look into the registry cleaner...but there are some old things in there that i don't know if they should be fixed..will it delete those...like some sweetIM things and nortons things...I don't have those anymore...

ETA....I ran jv16 and it found errors I let it fix all..then ran it 2 more times till it comes up 0 errors...
I am still getting the same RunDLL Error C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll Access is denied. error.
CCleaner still shows a bunch of errors when I let it scan...I haven't told it to fix them...I don't like messing in the registry.
Should I tell CCleaner to fix?

I have tried both the jv16 and CCleaner registry cleaners and let both fix the problems..but I still can't open the files in control panel...I'm still getting the RunDLL error...
what can I do now?
Thank you

I wanted to let you know that I have my problem fixed.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back