Runescape error help

Status
Not open for further replies.

magaman598

When I play Runescape, I get this Error Log, I have no clue how to read it. I never had this happen before I had to Reinstall Windows (BOOT.INI problems) This is the first time I've gottent this Error Log.

I Attached the Error Log with this Post, any help would be great.

It's a memory access error according to your log. This can be caused by many things, but some potential reasons include failing memory RAM module (You can test RAM with memtest), graphics driver problem (update your video card drivers), a programming error (Update java?) and many other things.

For future reference, if you have boot.ini problems, they can be fixed without reinstalling unless you have a more serious, underlying issue. I don't know if this is a connection or not, but memory access violations can also be caused by DEP. One method of disabling DEP is editing your boot.ini file... This wouldn't happen to have been the reason, would it? :)

Thanks, and If I remember correctly, I have the most current Drivers for my GPU (I'm in the Process of checking right now.) I'll update the Java here in a Minute.

Memtest will be running all night. =D

Also, what is the DEP you mentioned?

Thanks, and If I remember correctly, I have the most current Drivers for my GPU (I'm in the Process of checking right now.) I'll update the Java here in a Minute.

Memtest will be running all night. =D

Also, what is the DEP you mentioned?

DEP is data execution prevention. It really shouldn't be the issue, especially since you're dealing with a browser-based game. I advise against doing this, but you can disable DEP for certain applications. In this case, I think you would have to disable it for Java.

Again, warning: This is a really bad idea from a security perspective (Think: Viruses) and there shouldn't be a reason for you to disable it.. Java should work fine with DEP enabled. I'm listing this for the purpose of curiosity.
  • Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Settings
  • Click the "Data Execution" tab in the box that appears
  • Make sure "Turn on DEP" is selected for all programs and services, except the ones you select
  • Click Add
  • Browse to Java: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin and click open.
  • Click OK and reboot

Yea, I'm good, I don't really feeling like messing with DEP settings. (Thanks for the Explanation.)

I got the lastest Drivers from Nvidia, and got the lastest Java, now time for Memtest, wish me luck! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back