Not open for further replies.

KillaFx

My computer specs are as follows.

Mobo:a8n32 Sli Deluxe Mobo
Ram:2 Gig pc3200
gfx:Nvidia7950
Hd:Rapter 7200 250Gig Sata
proc. Amd Athlon 64 fx-57

Hey guys whatsup, First of all i would like to introduce my situation to you. I used to own a Gateway 554GE computer, it had 1 gig of ram and a p4 3.2 GHz processor. I used to play runescape on that and i would have 21% CPU usage. Now that i have built myself this new computer with MUCH MUCH better specs. When i attempt to play runescape or anything JAVA wise my cpu goes to nearly 60% and when im in a full word it goes to 99%. That would never happen on my old computer which was worse. Also when im doing random things in windows it also goes to 99/100%. What you guys think could be wrong? I have already reinstalled Java and ran spyware/virus scans everything appears to be perfect. Also the ram i purchased what pc3200 compliant ram, but it was the cheapest one in newegg. When i go to properties under my computer it recognizes 2 gigs. Thought i would add that in incase it has something to do with it.
Thanks In Advance
-KillaFx

Well Runescape is horrible... Plus you actualy want to play runescape with all those awesome specs? Pick up Oblivion or something ;)

What you should do is update Java ( google it ) to the newest version then try again, if it still goes up to 100% then scan your PC for viruses and other stuff, Also do you have Norton? Because norton can slow basicaly anything you do on your PC.

Well here is the thing, I updated Java several times even uninstalled and reinstalled the damn thing. I donnot have any virus or spyware of any kind at all. And no norton. I believe it might be my windows causing this. I might reformat with another version of windows.

I don't think that's a problem. I use to play old games (Wolfenstein, Half-Life 1), and my CPU usage is @ 100%.

That's not a problem @ all :)

Ah ok, are you running any background processes? Like virus scanners or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back