Runescape - The Reality of Jagex Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

I have been a Runescape player since 2001-2002 and my character is lvl 133. It "WAS" a good game but not since November 2007. Some updates like wilderness removal, staking removal and trading removal has killed the game drastically. Millions of players have quit this game.

The worst thing was after the updates Jagex closed the forum because of the number of rants people posted. The closed it for sometime then so people cant post rants and give their opinion abt removing the blood and soul of RS. The mods in the forum block and hide threads now also with rants in Rants section. Players now cannot talk or discuss freely about game in forums.

However, I still play this game regularly but it's very boring now. I would not advise new players to join it and most of the long time players like myself are quitting everyday. We call it Ruinedscape now.

Below given is the actual evidence of UNFAIR bans By Jagex staff and MOD'S. For the below given article I was banned and muted from forums and this wasnt the first time either. Everyday scores of playres get banned and they cannot contact anyone and they cannot appeal. I want to inform you people Runescape "WAS" the best game before November 2007 but not ANYMORE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

I present before you the "AUTOER" "RIDICOLOUS" & "HILARIOUS" customer support of Jagex Ltd.

Question: Reason??

Answer: All of you people who ever has gone thru any kind of Bans or appeal must be knowing what I am talking about.
For those of you who are yet to discover this amazing "AUTOPROGRAMME" of Jagex customer support, below given is the 'live' example.

Mute ban for 1 day:
Offense: Breaking of Rule 10
Rule 10:( Effective date: 27th February 2008)
You must not misuse Jagex Customer Support. This includes threatening or reporting an innocent person, supplying false information and abusing Jagex staff.

Evidence:
futre_vous: and it was nice of hjagex to mentioned bh isnt replacement of wildy, its mini*am *********: cant wait for pvp updates
futre_vous: as if hearing dat we will be happy
futre_vous: bh is minigame
**********: me
futre_vous: rs stuinks, donno why cant i quit it
**********: i might soon futre
futre_vous: coins blue charm
futre_vous: it really bothers me they removed wildy pking and staking coz of article
**********: same
**********: at least pking was like only fun thing to do at rs..
futre_vous: and above dat the nub mod had to block and hide my thread so noone can know futre_vous: abt it
futre_vous: and they can carry on lying
futre_vous: useless nub mods
futre_vous: no good
----------------------------------
Back to Offence History

Denied Offence Appeal

Offence Type: Breaking Rule 10 Offence Date: 4 March 2008

Appeal Date: 6 March 2008 Close Date: 6 March 2008

Reason for appeal (supplied at time of appeal):

There is no offence in the evidence..please examine it again. I have not used any abusive words and noob is not a abusive word. I hope you will examine the evidence thoroughly and remove this offence.
Thanks

Explanation of why appeal was denied:
Thank you for your appeal. We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.
We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and, for this reason, this offence will remain on your account.
We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of Conduct before you start playing again!
Jagex Customer Support
----------------------------------------------------

So, can anyone help me out here as to what the offense is about? Where do i use any abusive word or threat any staff or anyone at all?? Where do i abuse customer support??
And guess what above that there is no option to contact customer support to highlight the "BUG" in their "AUTOREPLY" and to tell them "TO CHECK FACTS BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION".

Oh ! no there isno way at all, whatever action is taken by the AUTO custom support response is the last. Yep ! just like a mark in stone..wont go away no matter what you do.

I tried to contact customer support through REPORT BUG - but all I get back is an auto response mentioning they cant help it.

Laughable scenario if your not on the end of this MISTAKE. But hey, the hilarity doesnt stop here..even when my mute gets removed in game after 24 hours, my forum mute was still on for 4 more hours. Oh, no dont you think about contacting anyone..just coz its simple - THERE IS NO WAY !

Most probably my thread will get blocked and hidden...like it has happened tons of times before also.
Last but not the least I was reported by a game MOD, how do i know it? Coz he was there and told me to stop talking. I cant put his name here coz of forum rules but I definately know now customer support is a JOKE !

And i thought Jagex wanted to remove autoers out of the Game, why not start with CUSTOMER SUPPORT FIRST JAGEX !! You need a "HUMAN" there who can actually check "FACTS" and reply sensibly. If thats too much to ask then why the DRAMA of custommer support in the first place.

This is not the first time it has happened with me nor it is the last but oh well, I am writing it here coz after the recent updates i dont feel like logging in the game and boring myself to death, I'd rather tell you people something here.

Thanks and Gl to all true Gamers out dere'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For people who dont know calling someone a NOOB is not an offense and is also listen in Knowledge Base of Runescape.

These are the threads of people who have complained about Runescape Customer support and many of these threads are blocked by Jagex Mods. Mind it the threads which are hidden by Forum moderators dont feature in this list. . This is actual page from Runescape website.

Main Page Login (Members Only) You are not logged in

Search Threads
Return to forums

Search thread titles for:

In forum: All forums

Results for "customer":

07-Mar-2008 13:55:45 Customer Service in forum Website Feedback
07-Mar-2008 13:22:32 Insulting Paying Customers !!! in forum Rants
07-Mar-2008 12:35:53 Rant about no Customer Support in forum Rants
07-Mar-2008 12:32:21 Hilarious - Customer Support in forum Rants
07-Mar-2008 12:08:46 "customer support" in forum General
07-Mar-2008 07:40:38 BRING BACK CUSTOMER SUPPORT! in forum Website Feedback
07-Mar-2008 07:40:01 Customer Support: is it Gone? in forum Website Feedback
07-Mar-2008 04:30:20 Jagex Customer Support in forum Suggestions
06-Mar-2008 21:15:01 Customer Support in forum Forum Feedback
06-Mar-2008 02:40:50 A lack of customer support. in forum Website Feedback
05-Mar-2008 20:18:13 Customer Support / appeals in forum Website Feedback
05-Mar-2008 17:31:07 CUSTOMER SUPPORT PLEASE! in forum General
05-Mar-2008 06:05:14 Customer Service in forum Compliments
05-Mar-2008 02:53:06 I found customer service! in forum Website Feedback
04-Mar-2008 23:34:03 The Customer's Delight Hotel! in forum Construction
04-Mar-2008 17:46:11 Customer Support in forum Compliments
03-Mar-2008 19:51:53 NO CUSTOMER SUPP? NO.. REALLY! in forum Website Feedback
29-Feb-2008 18:14:32 Customer service is forums? in forum Website Feedback
28-Feb-2008 00:05:19 • Customer Support > FAQ • in forum Website Feedback
26-Feb-2008 03:31:28 A compliment from a customer in forum Compliments
25-Feb-2008 03:26:19 Customer Support *Forum* in forum Forum Feedback
25-Feb-2008 02:51:45 reaching customer support in forum Website Feedback
24-Feb-2008 05:50:21 ~CuStOmEr SuPpOrT Is GoNe LoL~ in forum Website Feedback
22-Feb-2008 23:19:41 bring back Customer Support ! in forum Website Feedback
19-Feb-2008 21:12:58 Customer Relations 101 in forum Website Feedback
18-Feb-2008 20:59:32 thankyou customer support =] in forum Compliments
18-Feb-2008 17:02:03 Customer Support - Suggestions in forum Website Feedback
18-Feb-2008 16:40:37 Customer Support is now a myth in forum Forum Feedback
17-Feb-2008 12:52:40 Customer Support FAQ in forum Website Feedback
17-Feb-2008 08:28:28 "customer support" ? in forum Website Feedback
17-Feb-2008 01:55:36 ISSUE WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT in forum Website Feedback
12-Feb-2008 17:55:48 Customer support? in forum Website Feedback
12-Feb-2008 12:00:19 Customer Support in forum Website Feedback
11-Feb-2008 06:00:04 cant contact customer support? in forum Website Feedback
11-Feb-2008 04:21:23 RS customer Support Appeal? in forum Website Feedback
11-Feb-2008 04:03:08 Customer Support FAQ additions in forum Website Feedback
09-Feb-2008 23:39:55 CUSTOMER SUPPORT LET DOWN in forum Website Feedback
09-Feb-2008 07:51:11 Loyal Customer Seeking Answers in forum Website Feedback
07-Feb-2008 22:05:17 Customer Support - no longer? in forum Website Feedback
04-Feb-2008 04:07:56 ??Horrible Customer Support?? in forum Website Feedback
25-Jan-2008 00:18:12 How to fix Customer Support in forum Website Feedback
22-Jan-2008 11:34:02 Customer Support FAQ in forum General

Thanks

kimsland Quote:
useless nub mods

May have done it

By the way, this is all about a 1 day ban, is it ?
If it is ! Maybe just wait a day

---------
No, that remark couldnt have done it coz many people call Mods useless (which they are with no doubt, coz all they do is ban threads of people which rants abt game) and its not an offense as per Runescape game rules. My ban has already been lifted but this information is for other people to know so they can know what Runescape really is. Mods say we cannot rant about Customer support and there is no way to contact customer supoort except for Billing purpose. So if your wrongly marked for offense from their AUTOMATE contact support system which also RESPONDS to appeals just by whim..And for past 5 years the contact support reply has been same word by word. No matter what your query or question is.

Nub/ NOOB - is not an offensive word in Runescape as per the game rules, You can check this in website Knowledge Base.

kimsland Quote:
useless nub mods

May have done it

By the way, this is all about a 1 day ban, is it ?
If it is ! Maybe just wait a day

---------
No, that remark couldnt have done it coz many people call Mods useless (which they are with no doubt, coz all they do is ban threads of people which rants abt game) and its not an offense as per Runescape game rules. My ban has already been lifted but this information is for other people to know so they can know what Runescape really is. Mods say we cannot rant about Customer support and there is no way to contact customer supoort except for Billing purpose. So if your wrongly marked for offense from their AUTOMATE contact support system which also RESPONDS to appeals just by whim..And for past 5 years the contact support reply has been same word by word. No matter what your query or question is.

Gaurav said:
Nub/ NOOB - is not an offensive word in Runescape as per the game rules, You can check this in website Knowledge Base.

many people call Mods useless (which they are...
Hmm, I sense some anger here (I'm very smart that way!)
But not sure if that remark holds true everywhere. Hint Hint.

Be carefull

No I was talking about this word => useless

Useless is not an offensive word my friend and its used commonly in Forums and in Game and yes, its used against Jagex staff and moderators.

And ofcourse I am angry and not only me but thousands of people are angry. You can verify it yourself by checking Rants section on Runescape forums. You dont have to log in for that. Anyone can view it.

www.runescape.com

It's not what you say or do, that justifies abuse (well to a limit)
It's how the other party takes it

I think they may have taken that word, to heart.
I don't believe it was "noob"

You mean to say for a word "USELESS" i was muted for 24 hours, and for posting the article in which I asked question about the fairness of appeal for which I am banned from forums again is the reason?? No it is not, the reason I was muted bcoz I was talking to a friend about the disastorous recent updates in the game. If you read the evidence carefully you will understand what Im talking about. I urge you to read the whole post first so one can better judge or say about it. And mind you being in this game for last 2001/2002 I do know what offensive words are which can guarantee your offense.

Atleast read the response by Jagex customer suipport, its so damn funny amusing and ridicolous. Those exact response hasnt changed from last 5 yrs , word by word its same.

And I donno wether you have played RS or not or have ever visited their forums, you should once so you wont be in doubt anymore.

If you want to see how lack of free speech exists see RS Forums.

I have been through a ban myself (well actually my son) after many years he said something he shouldn't have (as ajoke) and was banned for life (reported by the other member at the time)
I found debating the issue, seem to be worse (makes them mader it seems) So I have learnt (and he has) to watch my words (even in a joke)

I also nearly got banned myself on my old tech forum, I debated that I should have free speach in supporting others, ie try this link from Micrsoft. It seemed this was against their policy as I must provide the information from me (it was really strange)
After a lot of arguing, how (can't think of a good word here) .. they were, I eventually quit.

So the point here. Is each to their own. ie that's not YOUR board, it's theirs, and you must learn quickly how to act their way. (totally personalized to anywhere else ofcourse)

Anyway I've said enough (these posts themselves may be removed) I still believe it was the big U word (and stop replying with it, don't you know it's now a swear word!!)

Enough said.

Thanks for your reply. I really feel you wrote a modest thing there and thank you for sharing your experience and sincerely I am surprised that its a swear word. Never knew that.

I used to play RS and loved it for about 3-4 years.
As holidays 2007 came I started hating rs more and more so I finally quit
in December yay! Also, I got 2 day mute for calling someone a stupid noob!

Jagex really ruined an awesome game. I feel sorry for them, but not THAT sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back