Running Hype: The Time Quest on Vista

Elmorell

So I recently decided to play this classic game again on my Vista machine. I installed it without any problems, but when I try to run it (in Administrator mode and with Win98 Compatibility selected) I get an error message saying "UbiAssistant has stopped working" and Windows then tells me to update Windows. Given that this game is like 12 years old, I suspect that updating Windows would be less than effective. I know my computer can run it, as I installed it and played it a year or so ago without any problems--it just won't work now. Any thoughts?

Note: I did not pirate this game, I own the CD, in case anyone's wondering.

Keeping your OS up to date is very important for security reasons, if you don't have windows update turned on you should have, or you will be wide open to attacks.

As you say any windows update is unlikely to have any effect on this old game but no harm in trying.

Can you confirm the error message is correctly spelt as I have been unable to get any information for Ubi Assistant. If it is a Service you will find it in services and be able to turn it back on.

The error message is spelled correctly, although I only get it when I right-click and run as administrator--if I simply double-click the shortcut, I get "SetupUbi has stopped working" instead. I'll check in services and get back to you.

Update: Nope, doesn't appear in the Services menu.

Back