Inactive Running SFC.exe after removing PUP Option Registry Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Both my partner and I have had trojan viruses because of going on job agency sites. When I got them, I didn't take note of the exact names of the viruses I got but I know there were 2 trojans and one other. A window came up saying it was a Windows something and that "Did I want to fix the errors?" Since I suspected that that popup window might be part of the virus itself, I came out of it and ran Malwarebytes instead. This found 535 registry entries starting with PUP Options ...., which I deleted.

I then found that Internet Explorer would not start but I found another post on this site saying how to reset Internet Explorer, which I did. I now get Internet Explorer OK but now and again, my screen keeps on freezing. Last night I got another message:

C:\PROGRA-2\WINCERT\WIN32C~1.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the programme again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Yet, when I closed the computer down and restarted, I didn't get this same message.

Before I fixed the issue with Internet Explorer, I kept on getting a message "An exception unknown software exception (0xc0000fd) location 0x779455ab (it was different each time)". When I Googled this, I was taken to a Windows help screen "Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. I have tried the command "sfc/scannow" and it keeps on saying that I must be the administrator to run this programme. However, I have again been on your site and you advised that unless that person had a Windows disc (which I do not because Windows was already installed on my computer), there is no point in running this programme. When I first joined Techspot.com you used to instruct us to use CCleaner, Malwarebytes, SUPERantispyware and Hijack this (which you had to rename). Now you advise to use Malwarebytes and one other programme but, when you Google this programme it doesn't give any satisfactory answers as to what it does. So what are my best options? Sorry to be so long winded!

Compused.

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back