S&P cuts Sony rating, warns it could face further downgrades

By Leeky
Feb 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. US credit ratings agency Standard and Poor’s cut the long term debt rating of Sony Corporation to BBB+ yesterday, issuing a stark warning that it could drop the Japanese electronics…

Read the whole story
  2. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

:O I keep forgetting that Sony is a japanese company

I wonder if there might be significantly lower prices that will be benefiting Sony as well as the consumer :eek:
  3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,382   +15

Gotta say too, the PS3 was a bit of a flop compared to the phenomenal success of the Playstation 1 & 2.
  4. Aboutto

Aboutto Newcomer, in training

The only flop was when there lack of security and encryption was exposed
  5. It figures, should I say karma, for all those bad DLP televisions they made in the early and mid 2000's. Ninety nine point nine percent of them suffer an optical block malfunction which leaves the screen with yellow and blue anomalies. Nonetheless, it do seem like they are offering customers of all affected models a few hundred dollars off the newer models. I guess some consolation is better than none, but spending two to four grand in planned obsolescence, ouch! My pocket still hurts.
  6. And my message was deleted..

Like i said its going down, down down down

It was predicted since their fall against angry geeks jumping wild on their lawnyard.
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Sony should try to separate the Playstation brand from itself, like sending it out on a life-raft of the Titanic. Or like baby Moses being sent down the river to avoid execution.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.