S-Video out on Geforce 6600 gt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDawg

I have a XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card as u can see from my profile and u can also see it here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150080 but I wanted to use the S-Viideo out to plug it into my tv but once I really got to look at the input on the vid card...it has more pinholes than a standard s-video cable and I tried plugging it in but I couldnt' seem to get it in...will it still fit a standard s-video cable or do I have to buy some special one or something?

The pictures at Newegg seem to show an s-video cable included with the retail version. I take it you don't have that. Did you get an OEM version?

You are right I did get an OEM but I bought another S-video cable and it won't seem to fit because the actualy S-video output on the card itself has more pinholes...

A standard s-video is supposed to have 4 pins which is what I'm sure your cable has. Even if the card output connector has more holes, do the 4 pins on the cable at least line up and none bent? I know you said you tried.

I talked to one of my friends who has the same card and the output on the vid card has 9 holes which a standard s-video cable cannot connect to but the cable that came with his was 9 pins to fit the vid card on one end and then standard s-video on the other end of the cord. Do u think they might sell these like at walmart or radioshack or something liek that...

That's what I meant to say when I mentioned the retail version coming with a cable. I figured a cable that came with the card should fit no matter what. But that doesn't help you since you already got the OEM.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to look at Radio Shack but that cable would seem like a special item. Maybe XFX or nVidia has something about it on their websites, like where you can get one or maybe even directly from one of them. Maybe you could email them about it.

There are a few specialty online retail sites that specialize in cables, PC cables and adapters. One of them might carry it. Here are a few that I've actually used for one thing or another: cablesonline.com, cablestogo.com and mycableshop.com. I'm sure there are others.

Both my 6600gt and my 6200 have the 9pin connector, but they come with a cable that has svideo, composite, and component video.

I think it's the same and should work too. Although the 9 pin connector is for video in and video out, the video in part might not apply in this case, just the video out. There isn't any video capture feature in this card is there? So I'm not sure why they use it in the first place.

BTW, these are adapters so keep your first s-video cable.

Edit: I wasn't at my new PC before so I checked and my ASUS Radeon X800XTPE PCI-E graphics card also has a VIVO 9 pin connector. However, I bought the retail box so I have an adapter. I haven't used it yet so I didn't notice before.

Oh nvm about that last post I see it is just an adapter like u said before...duh...hey I am gonna order that because it would work I appreciate your guy's help...thanks alot.

While we are on the subject of cables and such do they even make adapters to change ps/2 to USB I always see USB to ps/2 but that won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back