*****s

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard some of the most stupid questions you would ever think would be asked. And I quote, "How do I get on the Internet?!?" "How do I save my work?" "Why does my paper look like this?" How the hell am I supposed to know how you screwed your paper up? I'm not the answer to everything!!!
Anyway, there are plenty more great ones, but I'll decline to post them here anyway. Maybe I should make a thread on the most stupid computer questions ever...

"people that buy PC's are *****s"

These are very old threads and came up on a search I was doing...normally I don't have the time....too busy trying not be an *****.....were any of us born, walking, talking, writing? these are processes that are learned,,,,,everything we are and we do is learned.....or were you born with a pc and a manual under your arm? ignorance is not stupidity and the only stupid question is the one that is never asked.....that you would be so blessed with your understanding of something that to others is initimidating, only becuase it is new and there are so many things that can go wrong, should not give anyone such arrogance.....if indeed knowledge is to be shared and for all then live it and not just claim to do so ......on that aspect Microsoft caters to the "*****s" and even Linus has something to be grateful to Microsoft or whoever the enemy of the day is.....and that is the inspiration to improve....to make it better....to make it for everyone.....

i never cease to be amazed...and have wasted entirely too much time here....wonder if the people you serve realize what you think of them.....

most sincerely

managing *****

Dude, its the curse of the computer guru to put up with ordinary mortals *****ting their way through working a PC and then failing miserably. Its a part of life, just like the seas and oceans, the birds, the skies and falling in love.

On a daily basis, I am called upon to basically think for people. Either because they are too lazy, too stupid, or that they just don't care.

However, instead of getting upset about it, try to think about it this way:

1)Its very funny.

2)It makes great stories.

3)It keeps you in a job. You want stupid users. On the day they invent a PC a ***** can operate, that's the way I won't be able to pay my bills any more.

In fact, the best way to look at all of this is that you are blessed. You have a talent that seperates you from other people, and makes you special. It makes you needed. Be grateful that people are totally stupid because its going to be paying your rent forever and forever. Be thankful that people look at you in awe and wonder when you install Microsoft Office. Its a blessing.

What would you rather? That EVERYONE in the world knows as much about computers as you? Or me? I don't want that. Then I stop being an evil Jedi with my dark Jedi UNIX and C++ powers, and instead I am just an ordinary ewok, just going about my business.

If you are on here to tell us that ordinary users are stupid, then that's not news. Try to focus more on what blessings you have, rather than moaning about other people's shortcomings.

I know you're prolly better on PC's than them, but i'm not entirely convinced you're any saner than them mate :)

Just because you know more about something is no reason to gloat over it. I know how to juggle, but I dont make fun of people who cant. I know you could argue that PC knowledge may be more practical, but what is the sense of everyone attaining the size and type of knowledge you guys have, just so they can run MS office apps? So they can't cope when a usb plug comes undone and tries to reinstall itself, boys its called job security and you should just smile, smile, smile all the way to the bank.

I know it's much more fun to be catty and scoff at mere mortals, but face it, vanity is ugly.

If you all want to swap amusing stories about dumb users, please be my guest.

But berating them for it and getting angry just serves to self frustrate, and in any case its kind of missing the point - we want people to be stupid, clueless morons because then they will seek out my help with their wallets at the ready.

Personally, one thing I hate about the world today is that everyone seems to want to go into IT. Like its trendy or something. And its made worse by the fact that IT is getting more and more accessible. I miss the old days were you had to be an uber-geek just to get a look in.

No, "people" want to learn IT because they think they will be rich, they can go to work in a cool suit, and that they will look cool with a laptop and a mobile phone.

I've met dozens of these kinds of charlatans in my time.

A clueless user who admits to being dumb, I can live with that, even applaud it.

A clueless user who pretents he / she is a guru... that I can't stand.

I want to learn IT so I can make fun of people that know less than me and laugh as they struggle to come to grips with technology dreamt up by hobbist-nerds turned Techno-Capatalists. :D

Getting back to the original post (what this thread is about), I am a little confused. I don't quite know whether jeann888 was posting to complain about PC users being *****s ...
Originally posted by jeann888
"people that buy PC's are *****s"
... or whether they were simply posting a complain about how the 'tech gurus' here treat those less knowledgable than themselves.
Originally posted by jeann888
... wonder if the people you serve realize what you think of them ... most sincerely ... managing *****

Any ideas anyone?

Are we adding more fuel to the fire?

Originally posted by Godataloss
hobbist-nerds turned Techno-Capatalists. :D

That would be me! :eek:

Originally posted by Nic
Getting back to the original post (what this thread is about), I am a little confused. I don't quite know whether jeann888 was posting to complain about PC users being *****s ...

... or whether they were simply posting a complain about how the 'tech gurus' here treat those less knowledgable than themselves.

I believe he/she was saying that people who buy their PCs from a store, as opposed to building them themselves are *****s.

In fact, this is not true. I know of many computer programmers, etc, who would never dream of building their own machine (because they don't know how, or can't be bothered, more is to the point) but who possess a keen understanding of direct X programming, object orientated programming, networking, etc.

However, read another way, this is saying "Joe Public is a clueless ***** when it comes to computers."

Which is true.

And I am glad.

Phanta- I suspected as much! :D

But naturally I meant no offense and never meant to insinuate that TS personelle are in anyway arrogant to us dim-wits. Quite the contratry I joined because of the sincere and patient demenor y'all exhibited in previous weeks of me rooting through the site.

Back the the original post- apon rereading it It seems Jeann was merely espousing on the didactic nature of the It Pro/ Adverage User dynamic and the inherient potential for abuse in said relationship while promoting a more altruistic potential synergy between the two.

or something...

You know, the other day I explained what a buffer underrun was to a guy who arranges morgages. The sort of chap who only uses a computer because of what it can do for him, that's all.

I was amazed by how well he understood it.

I've called them *****s, but that's just for a laugh, really. Don't forget that there are MANY completely non-technical people out there who are very clever in other areas. To some people, the idea of building your own computer, programming in Java, or even using the internet is pretty whacked out. But they do other, just as complex and interesting things.

They are still crap when it comes to using a computer, which is why they need me. And I am glad that they do. It makes money get paid into my account every month.

You know at work we spend about €32000 a week (Or was it month, hmm) on paper, with all the printing we do. In my section I only realized we printed so much as we didn't know of a better way to do it (I always assumed there was some reason we printed everything off ;)), e.g. within the past 2 or 3 months we "just" switched to everyone accessing an Excel file on the network to get work (Something I'd assumed they'd already thought of & for some reason disregarded months before ;)), rather than printing it out & everyone taking from a list (Updated & reprinted hourly).
Similarly another cover sheet was printed out for different orders (10+ a day) as no-one knew you could do a screen grab & save it as a Gif (& I only pointed this out as our printers were broken down, again).

Anyone who has to work on a PC ought to be made take some sort of mandatory basic PC skills course, it's amazing the little things that people don't know (When I first started there even the fact I had wallpaper on my PC was a source of wonder).

I just read this inane thread ,Such a waste of emotion .This world would be such a bore if all of us had the same knowledge and understanding.I am so glad that people like Phanta realize that gaining specified knowledge to augment one's talent enough to make other willing to give you money for the use of your expertise is really what matters .
So could one of you geniuses help a dummy like me out when you get the time.
However I cannot afford to pay you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back