Safe mode BSOD error 0x00000050

golfnut 58

Hi to all. This is my 1st post on this forum. Need help with this safe mode error.
This problem started last week when I was trying to build the UBCD for windows. I did not run backups like I should. The process was long. I had problems and finally quit the installation.
The UBCD is a bootable recovery cd that contains software used for repairing, restoring, or diagnosing almost any computer.
The computer specs are:
Dell Dimension 2400 desktop
Windows XP Home
1.00GB ram
40 GB HDD
2.40 Ghz CPU

After uninstalling the process is where the problems begin. I could not run windows updates. The windows installer service and the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) would not start.
I opened up windows answers.net and ran the tool FixCleaner.
Everything seems to be back as was except I can't open safe mode. My windows updates work now. Even though my computer works now I still would like to fix this error that's preventing me from going into safe mode. I have tried system restore but could not go back far enough to help.
Also have tried last known good configuration.
The BSOD showed:
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xf793f11c, 0x00000000,0xf793f11c,0x00000000)
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

If you can...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Route 44 there is no minidump folder in my C:/ Windows folder. I found a minidump folder in my d drive but it was empty.

I re-read your first post and noticed you used FixCleaner. We have such tools have caused tons of issues with very little positive results.

Do you have your XP disk?

Yes I do.Route 44, I have to get up very early tomorrow morning. Need to get some rest tonite. I would love to post tomorrow evening if it would be possible with you.

Back