TechSpot

Samba Configuration Problems

By joshuarowley42
Jun 24, 2006
  1. Hello anyone!!

I have had several bad experiences with linux before, but am still perseveering, and am sure that I am Beginning to see the end of this dark tunnel, my problems included 5 hard drive corruptions, randomly loosing my GUI, and just generally had problems, but as I said, I think this is the last set-up I will be doing for a while, I have got myself a far more reliable hard drive etc.

But my problem at the moment as the title may suggest is the configuration of Samba, I have tried all sorts of things, and then ended up resorting to pure trial and error, and can report 100% error, so I now have a messed up smb.conf file. Could someone please give me some advice on getting hold of a smb.conf file which has settings for just share level sharing, with an example share.

The thing that baffles me about the whole situation is that I managed to get hold of my smb.conf file from a previous installation (which worked), and now does not, I have a feeling I am blessed with bad luck!

If anyone could help, I will be eternally grateful (and in debt!)

Josh

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.