Same as everyone, facebook timing out

By ginny
Dec 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have been having the facebook issue for 3 days of it not loading, timing out.

I am able to access on on my phone, it is not connected to my wifi.

I have read the replies given and I have to be honest, I have no idea how to do the things suggested.

I did try ping ing. I guess I wasn't doing it correctly because what it told me was that "pingwww.facebook.com is not recognized as an internal or external command"

I was not sure who to ping but what I understood was to try to load facebook then open the command box and ping.

Any help for a grandmom who is not tech or tech term savy?

I wondered though why it seems to be a fix on peoples computers? It seems to me its a facebook thing, since that is suddenly the only page we cant load. I have several friends experiencing the same issue and they all started, as best we can tell, within the last few days.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,283   +281

get the command prompt and enter ping www.facebook.com (note the <space> before www)

Those with JAVA plugins seem to be more affected that others without - - in the browser, disable JAVA

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.