Inactive Same background on every website

Status
Not open for further replies.
First timer here, hoping you can help. I found out today that a computer virus has accessed my online banking details, and has pretty much cleared out my account since yesterday. My bank was on to it straight away and will refund the money so that is not the problem.

The problem is I foolishly have gone without anti virus protection for a while now, and am now desperate to rid my PC of whatever is on it. Today I have noticed it running slowly, but the strangest thing I have noticed is the tendency for the font and colour of text on websites to have changed. Also, I have this same background appearing on websites intermittently. It's a very light background with light grey silhouettes of eagles it seems. Haven't been able to find much out about what this could be, so looking for any help. Also, any pointers to a (free!) virus scanner/remover for the short term would be great. I'm trying to use the ones I have and download others but the computer is not working as it should.

Any help appreciated.

Chris.

Welcome to TechSpot, Chris. While I would be glad to help with the malware, if you had an infection on the system that accessed your online banking, you need to reformat/reinstall. I'll have you run this free online virus scan to get some idea of what's going on and will guide you after I see that log:

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

It sounds like the system might be running in Safe Mode with Networking- that would give you less color, but the eagles are from an unknown source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back