Samsung 2253BW color issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

So i just purchased my VERY first LCD display. I've always been a CRT user but decided to try one out. I decided to go with the 2253BW. Suffice to say with all the talk and rage about how LCD is so clear and crisp I am a little disappointed. The main issue I am having is really only ONE color that is just to blinding for me to tolerate despite any settings I have tried. The color "white" is to bright and glares up a lot of what i'm seeing, it just seems that the 'white' color wants to take over the entire screen if you know what I mean. Any website (like this one) that has bright colors is really hard to look at compared with a traditional CRT monitor. My question is are LCD monitors suppose to be like this? I don't know if there's something i'm doing wrong or if there's a defect somewhere? Or maybe this is how lcds really are. I've always heard lcds always had trouble displacing the colors "black", "white" and "grey". Anyone can give any insights? thx in advance for any help anyone can give.

2253BW:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268&Tpk=2253bw

Strangely I'm still using CRT myself ! (well you've updated)
But every Display is different to the next (isn't that, bad!)

Anyway, could be contrast
But actually if you have a 3D card, you could run the Video Display settings wizard (usually found in Display Properties, under Advanced settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back