Samsung acquires Liquavista, e-readers and phones to benefit

By Emil
Jan 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Liquavista BV has announced that it has been acquired by Samsung Electronics in a buyout of all shares, making it a fully owned affiliate. The deal emphasizes Samsung's interest in improving the display technology used in electronic book readers, mobile phones, media players, and other various gadgets.

Read the whole story
  2. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Nice acquisition for Samsung, looks like they're dead serious about penetrating this market.
  3. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 384   +34

cool... hope to see some good displays come out of this. Although i'm tired of seeing regular old TN panels in mobile devices, so one of Samsungs goals better be good viewing angles as well. IPS, MVA, etc. is good but i'm not sure of their compatibilities with what Samsung has in mind in this buyout of technology.
  4. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +29

Samsung has been leading the pack for mobiles with its AMOLED displays. I think that shows that innovation in displays is important to Samsung, so Liquavista's technology will likely get a real boost from the acquisition and consumers will get their hands on the technology sooner.
  5. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

If Liquavista's Electrowetting Display Technology can produce displays that surpass current Super AMOLED screens used on Samsung mobile phones, then I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this technology in my next Samsung mobile phone purchase.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.