Samsung admits tablet failures, introduces Galaxy Note 10.1-inch

By Shawn Knight
Feb 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Despite an increased presence in multiple electronics categories as of late, Samsung has openly admitted to a poor showing in the tablet market. During a media roundtable meeting at Mobileā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. Looks pretty cool, now I can have an e-reader and a notebook in the same device.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

What took them to admit something which has been obvious for so long? Anyway I am not sold on android based tablets, if someone really want to buy a tablet (for whatever reasons) they are better off with the one which is named after a certain women's accessory.
  4. Galaxy Note 10.1 will fail again. Whoever leads the tablet department must understand and come up with the new innovation.

have these feature included then will sell.
    - Use Quad core instead of dual core
    - Include USB connection so it can interconnect with PC
    - Include HDMI connection
    - Have projector to watch movie
    - Volume and customizable button on the side
    - Adapter to have LAN connection and tablet to tablet connection
    (so people can exchange files/etc, big feature missing from ipad and all other tablets).

Make it happen.
  5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I have an Android tablet and I love it. I also have an Iphone4. I use both. Ive found the Android tablet allows me to customize my experience. Its useful for having slide show pictures as my background or useing a live background for the cool effects. My Iphone is limited much as an Ipad is limited. Not alot of customization allowed.
    Ive seen and held the Note. Im a big guy so its not overly large in my hands. Kinda fits nicely. Now all that has to happen is a dock port of some kind to merge the note and the tablet and they have a winner in my book!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.