TechSpot

Samsung announces Froyo-equipped Galaxy Tab slate

By Jos
Sep 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has officially revealed its much anticipated iPad competitor during IFA 2010 in Berlin this week. Dubbed the Galaxy Tab, the device features a 7-inch TFT-LCD capacitive touch screen display with a 1024 x 600 resolution, 1.06 GHz Cortex A8 processor, 512MB RAM, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G, and dual cameras for capturing still images, videos or making video calls. It also has support for a number of different formats, including DivX, Xvid, WMV and MPEG-4.

Read the whole story

2. posermobile89

posermobile89 TS Rookie Posts: 72

it looks so impractical because of the size

3. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

It needs a clip-on for your belt or collar, then it is "practical"

4. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

Any word on what network it will be available with for 3g access?

5. Might cost anywhere from $US 399.95 to begin with.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Yeah the size makes it look like a really oversized phone but not quite big enough to be a proper iPad contender. I don't know. Would get this even if the specs are decent.

7. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Practical? You are looking at a product aimed at the very unwieldy iPad. I'd say size-wise, this is far more practical as far as handling (unless you have tiny tiny hands). Looks to be in the paperback/hardback range of sizes, which works fine for what I'd be using something like this for.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.