TechSpot

Samsung confirms March 14 debut of Galaxy S IV in NYC

By Shawn Knight
Feb 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Chalk one up for the rumor mill as Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy S IV will make its debut at a Mobile Unpacked event on March 14 at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall. The electronics giant made...

Read more

2. reinisnud

reinisnud TS Rookie

The question is, Do you need to keep it in charger because of that screen resolution and specs or can it be unplugged for 2 minutes?

Burty117 and captainawesome like this.
  3. I don't get way so fast releases. People buy a new very expensive phone every year?, I'm very happy with my S1 running cyanogenmod.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,057   +918

They are just trying to compete with Apple.

5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Apple has released 2 phones a year since the Iphone 3. Samsung is just attempting to keep their market share versus what Apple releases. The GS3 has been a MONSTER for Samsung. Im sure Apple didnt see this phone being as big of a hit. Add on to that the Galaxy Note 1&2, and Samsung has effectivly pinched Apples market. Now comes all the fun questions. Is Samsung going to be able to keep this level of innovation up against companies like Apple. Companies that by the way, are looking at Samsung with a very sharp eye. They want to know why everyone who isnt getting a iphone is getting the GS3.

6. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 530   +88

I sure hope the S4 is a big enough upgrade from the S2.

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,057   +918

I feel like Samsung phones are a bit too large though. They need to stop increasing the screen size in my opinion

8. Agreed on the size thing. I have the s3 after having the s1. After a few weeks I still think the size is a bit much.

9. Even though this is a higher number then the S3 I think this is just aimed at a person who would need little more than an S3 so basically I don't think this is a altogether phone with drastic improvements like we saw from S2 to S3 just an upgrade of the same thing

10. I have the 5.5 inch Galaxy Note 2 and after a few months I want a bigger screen. I hope the Galaxy Note 3 has a 6 inch screen while maintaining the same phone dimensions as the current size is very comfortable. Small bezel and a bigger screen, the 3100mah batter is already great but I upgraded to a 4500mah which keeps the original back plate. I get 20 hours screen time.

11. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 418   +42

2 phones a year? Really? Which two phones have been released in the same year?

Burty117 likes this.

12. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'm 100% confident Apple only releases 1 phone a year, think this guy is an Apple hater and therefore making up numbers is natural xD

13. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Burty @capt
    Apple releases the original handsets, I.E. Iphone 4 then roughly 5-6 months later they release a updated version of the originally released handset and put a S behind it. Once again I point to Iphone 3 then 3S Iphone 4 then 4S Iphone 5 next will be 5S. I do hate Apple and I own a Iphone 4.

14. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

No they don't! Its every year!
    Release Dates:
    iPhone - June 29, 2007
    iPhone 3G - July 11, 2008
    iPhone 3GS - June 8, 2009
    iPhone 4 - 24 June, 2010
    iPhone 4S - October 19, 2011
    iPhone 5 - September 12, 2012

How could you possibly think they released a new phone every 6 months?! only a quick Google brought all these dates up!

captainawesome likes this.
  15. Agree entirely , I love the note 2 and a 6" screen would be great as long as the overall dimensions stayed the same.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.