TechSpot

Samsung denies plans to acquire HP's PC business

By Matthew
Aug 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. We've seen a few rumblings from the far east this week that Samsung might be preparing to acquire HP's PC business. On Monday, DigiTimes speculated that of HP's rival vendors,…

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 563   +172

Well this sucks. Take some perfectly decent hp laptops and throw crap(ier) parts into them and charge more. Personally I dislike samsung and just think of them as really cheap.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

What about their televisions?

4. Don't believe the first article you read. Makes you look... well you know.

5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Well i guess its a good thing Samsung has no intention of taking over HP's PC Business, which you would have figured out if you read the article or even the headline properly.

6. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 563   +172

If you had the kind of day I did you'd understand why I made a mistake.

@NTAPRO about their tv's, their not that bad, but their color is a little dark.

7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Reporter: "Samsung, do you 'like' HP?"
    Samsung: "Do you mean 'like' or 'like like'?
    Reporter: "Do you 'like like' them?"
    Samsung: "No, we do not 'like like" HP, but we do 'like' them, and my counsel advises me to also state that we reserve the right to 'like like' them in the future."
    Reporter: "Will you be asking HP out on a date?"
    Samsung: "We have no such intentions at this time...but my counsel would like to reiterate that HP is very attractive and in theory we have no problems with asking HP out on a date...just not at this particular time...we are having difficulties with our last relationship and so are not eager to date until those divorce proceedings are finalized."
    Apple: "Sure, go to that **** HP."
    Samsung: "YOU DUMPED ME APPLE! I can date whomever I want! Get out of my interview!"
    Apple: "Fine! iPhone 5 coming in October!"
    Samsung: "OUT!"

8. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

HP took a hit with HP Touchpad WebOS so now Samsung sounds like they're moving in.. Samsung HP! Sounds like a merger will be next.. Stay-tune to this site..