Samsung enters U.S. desktop market with Series 7 all-in-one

Jos

Staff

Following the "very positive reception" to its sleek Series 9 notebooks in the U.S., the company is expanding its efforts with the introduction of their first all-in-one computer for this market. The Samsung Series 7 all-in-one will be available in two configurations, both of them featuring a 23-inch, 250-nit display with 1080p resolution and support for two-finger gestures through Samsung's surface acoustic wave (SAW) touch sensing technology.

Depending on the configuration chosen you'll get either an Intel Core i3-2120T processor running at 2.6 GHz backed up by 6GB of RAM, or an Intel Core i5-2390T running at 2.7 GHz with 8GB of RAM. Otherwise Samsung's all-in-one packs a 1TB 7,200RPM hard drive, Intel's integrated graphics, a slot-in optical drive, SD card slot, 1.3MP webcam, Bluetooth, four USB 2.0 ports plus one USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, a pair of HDMI ports, and a couple of four watt speakers.

samsung series

The form factor is quite interesting as it allows you to fold the display 90 degrees back to the base, putting it in a horizontal plane for easier touchscreen use. The 23-inch Series 7 all-in-one will hit the market on October 10 priced at $999 for the base Core i3 model, and will go up to $1,199 for the Core i5-equipped one.

Permalink to story.

I think this is a pretty neat configuration for an all-in-one. I would prefer an extra USB 3.0 port and a bit of a price reduction, but I could see this being pretty popular. The flexable, touch-enabled screen is good in my book, but I'm wondering if you can raise it all.

the model is nice, too bad it's still to expensive :( I can get all-in-one pc with higher spec with $800 :D

I like it!
Samsung's pretty much the only computer manufacturer that makes pretty much each component in-house (minus the CPU and GPU).

The futuristic design is pretty slick as well.

I think the design would be better if the monitor folded forward then slid back over the hardware housing component. That way the back of the lcd would be would be facing upwards and people wouldn't have to worry about dropping something on a desk and damaging the front of the monitor.

Looks ghetto IMO, like a failed MAC take-off. What were they thinking not building it all into the screen? Maybe thats patented, I dont know.

honestly I like the design. It reminds me of some sci-fi mock up computers from the 80s/early 90s, and that kind of config was also somewhat popular in Japanese anime of the same time as well. It also appears to offer a much more stabilized base and I assume slightly better angling when you're not outright flat. Not to mention all the important ports are facing the user, as opposed to hedgehogging out from the bottom/sides. Very interesting, and something positively different from your standard all in one.

AIO...bahh...... I build my own way more powerful for a lot less money....and guess which one can actually be repaired without spending an arm and leg..Not the AIO!! Sure if you need the design or have money to burn...by all means.... I personally hate people who buy them or laptops and dont' have any other reason than they look cool then whine when any repair cost them a ton of money if it can even be repaired...I'm seeing more and more people with laptops with monitor problem or other issues and I tell them they are SOL...now if you would of had a desktop..I could of fixed it cheaply.

Back