TechSpot

Samsung Experience Shops to open in 1,400 Best Buy locations

By Shawn Knight
Apr 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is preparing to open 1,400 mini-stores inside Best Buy locations across the US by the end of the summer as part of their continued effort to crank up the heat against Apple. The stores, known as Samsung Experience Shops,...

Read more

2. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 70   +9

It may work, that is... if they are staffed by Samsung employees and not your average no-nothing, useless warranty-pushing, overpriced-accessory pushing, blue shirt wearing Worst Buy employee.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,085   +715

Lol, wow, tell us how you really feel :)

I agree with you though... Best Buy wouldn't have such a showrooming problem if their employees could answer some questions. When people are going to throw down hundreds on a gadget (or more on a TV/home entertainment) they want to know what they're getting, and they want to feel the sales person knows more about the product then they do.

I've walked into Best Buy completely intending to buy something and I've left because the guy helping me didn't know any more then what was written on the tags.

How brilliant is this idea though... Samsung doesn't have to find real estate for their stores. They don't have to spend a ton getting them ready, or marketing them. They're going to plop themselves right in the path of people looking to buy electronics. I wonder if Amazon isn't kicking themselves right now.

Littleczr likes this.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 374   +69

I don't like apple at all. But my girlfriend is a fan and I have been to the apple store, they have top notch customer service. They have a system of making appointments and answer all your questions accordingly.

Best buy on the other hand is run by low paid employees who really don't care and I don't blame them.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,080   +747

I know people who don't regard Best Buy employees as highly as you.

6. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Apple will sue them and say they are copying their stores.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.