Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime specs leaked, Verizon exclusive?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Full specifications for Google’s “Nexus Prime” smartphone have leaked onto the web in advance of an expected unveiling next Tuesday at Samsung’s Unpacked event in San Diego.

Possibly called the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the phone is packing some seriously good features under the hood. The long-awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system will debut on the 9mm thin device. Additional features include a 4.65-inch curved glass Super AMOLED HD display running at 1280x720 resolution, a TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, 1GB of RAM, 32GB of on-board storage, a 5MP rear camera and a front 1.3MP shooter, 1080p video capture, LTE / HSPA support depending on carrier, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC technology and a 1,750 mAh battery.

samsung galaxy nexus verizon samsung nexus prime galaxy nexus

BGR has also confirmed that the OS will be a pure Google device, meaning no fancy third-party UI or other modifications to ICS. Furthermore, they believe that the Galaxy Nexus will be a Verizon Wireless exclusive.

An unveiling couldn’t come at a better time in light of Apple’s lackluster iPhone 4S announcement a couple of days ago. Many consumers and even AT&T employees were anticipating a revolutionary iPhone 5 device, not the evolutionary handset that Cupertino unveiled instead.

When compared with the Galaxy Nexus specs, the 4S already looks a bit dated, at least in terms of sheer processing power and display. But if the Nexus is only launching on one US carrier, this could potentially hurt overall sales.

Permalink to story.

You would think people would learn not to trust leaks after the iPhone 4s.

I'm really waiting for the moment when I could compare, all in front of the others, the iPhone 4S, the Samsung Galaxy S 2, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime and the top of line next Nokia with WP Mango. Amazing!!!

Those specs have come into question already. In fact, the specs are rumored to be better than posted in this article.

For more info: http://www.gsmarena.com/source_close_to_google_reveals_real_nexus_prime_specs-news-3239.php

Why the drop in Camera specs? 8MP has been the standard? I know its not really necessary for that many mp's but what about other camera features I wonder???

Yea, Something big alright. 4.6" screen?! Even with the curved screen that's still enormous! I already have one of these. It's called a TV.

The curved screen is to help with light glare so you can see the screen better.

Cut down glare, it has been on the Nexus s for some time now and does work well.

Larger Photosites means lower signal noise and a cleaner Over all image.

Apple put less processing power in their 4s on purpose. 512 mb is more than enough to run IOS and it doesn't kill your battery. Android OS isn't anywhere close to as efficient in that needs that 1gb to function and, combined with that big of a screen, your battery life is going to be terrible. Also, if you ever plan to deviate outside of Facebook uploads for the pictures you take on your phone, 8mp is absolutely necessary.

Ram uses very little power compared to the other components. No excuse can make up for Apple's hardware complacency. Such an unfriendly company to consumers, yet they clamor for more.

Back