Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 goes on sale tomorrow starting at $499

By Shawn Knight
Aug 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung unveiled the quad-core Galaxy Note 10.1 at Mobile World Congress back in February but it wasn't until earlier this month that everything was finalized with plans to launch the device in the coming weeks. That time has arrived as……

Read more
  2. Before people get all excited about Samsung saying the Note will be upgraded to Jelly Bean they may want to do some Google searches on Samsung's promise to upgrade their last round of tablets to Ice Cream Sandwich. Five months after Motorola updated their WiFi XOOM to ICS most Galaxy Tab owners are still waiting for the update Samsung promised "soon" last March. And don't let them tell you it is a carrier issue - I've got a WiFi only and I'm stuck TWO Android versions back. The company is great on promises when they want you to buy something new - they are deplorable when it comes to meeting their commitments after they have your money.
  3. Frank Barnett

Frank Barnett Newcomer, in training

Good point. Here they are patching stuff together. Why does it not ship with it on there now
  4. 499 ? I can buy the "New" IPad for almost that ... no thanks
  5. lipe123

lipe123 TechSpot Guru Posts: 393   +63

Really? you compare an iPad to a android tablet?! Just the fact that you'd consider an iPad in the first place sais it all.
  6. This is quite nice actually but I kinda waiting for Nexus 10 this year for full android experience. I hate waiting for updates from Samsung.
  7. Better I'll be waiting for a MS Surface for $199.00
  8. Denooon

Denooon Newcomer, in training

For that money I better off with the Surface, were you can actually do stuff.
  9. You gonna be waiting until the end of eternity.:p
  10. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Newcomer, in training

Lipe123 you really are clueless. I have three android tablets and and the latest iPad. While I love the Android tablets there is NO DOUBT that the iPad is a superior device right now. Are you kidding me? You better start doing some reading so you know what your talking about!

Sheesh.....
  11. Hey for those going to buy the MS Surface so you can get stuff done, remember it is not backwards compatible. Hurry up and spend your $199. Do not wait for the first of several service packs or for anyone else to review the product. JUST BUY ONE RIGHT AWAY!
  12. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye Newcomer, in training Posts: 55

October is an eternity away?
  13. Ipad is like an iphone just like one, while the tablet is more like an computer. tablet is better hands down, im not saying ipad suck beacuse it dosent, but if want some with no limitation go with an tablet.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.