Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 goes on sale tomorrow starting at $499

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Samsung unveiled the quad-core Galaxy Note 10.1 at Mobile World Congress back in February but it wasn’t until earlier this month that everything was finalized with plans to launch the device in the coming weeks. That time has arrived as we now know how much Samsung is asking for the tablet and we are also getting our first look at some of the optional accessories that will be available come tomorrow.

Samsung is initially offering a Wi-Fi only Note 10.1 that will be available in 16GB and 32GB capacities. Pricing starts at $499 for the 16GB unit which includes the S-Pen and Photoshop Touch while the larger capacity tablet will set you back $549; both versions will be available in white or dark grey. The device will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but we are told that Jelly Bean will be available later this year. Still no word yet on when we can expect to see 3G/4G variants go on sale or how much they will cost.

samsung galaxy note samsung

Samsung is also offering a host of optional accessories to go with your new Galaxy Note 10.1, including a universal desktop dock, HDMI adapter, USB connection kit and a travel charger, just to name a few.

Residents of New York City can pick up a Galaxy Note 10.1 today at the Best Buy in Union Square. Everyone else will have to wait until tomorrow (August 16) to get their hands on the device. The tablet will be available for purchase at Best Buy, Amazon, hhgregg, TigerDirect, Fry’s, CDW, BrandSmart and Conn.

Permalink to story.

Before people get all excited about Samsung saying the Note will be upgraded to Jelly Bean they may want to do some Google searches on Samsung's promise to upgrade their last round of tablets to Ice Cream Sandwich. Five months after Motorola updated their WiFi XOOM to ICS most Galaxy Tab owners are still waiting for the update Samsung promised "soon" last March. And don't let them tell you it is a carrier issue - I've got a WiFi only and I'm stuck TWO Android versions back. The company is great on promises when they want you to buy something new - they are deplorable when it comes to meeting their commitments after they have your money.

This is quite nice actually but I kinda waiting for Nexus 10 this year for full android experience. I hate waiting for updates from Samsung.

Lipe123 you really are clueless. I have three android tablets and and the latest iPad. While I love the Android tablets there is NO DOUBT that the iPad is a superior device right now. Are you kidding me? You better start doing some reading so you know what your talking about!

Sheesh.....

Hey for those going to buy the MS Surface so you can get stuff done, remember it is not backwards compatible. Hurry up and spend your $199. Do not wait for the first of several service packs or for anyone else to review the product. JUST BUY ONE RIGHT AWAY!

Ipad is like an iphone just like one, while the tablet is more like an computer. tablet is better hands down, im not saying ipad suck beacuse it dosent, but if want some with no limitation go with an tablet.

Back