Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to cost $399, lands in U.S. April 11

By Rick
Apr 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung announced today its Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet will land in the United States this Thursday. The 16GB Wi-Fi-only model will cost $399 and is slated to be available at major retail outlets like Staples and Best Buy, as well...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,705   +873

Looks nice, too bad I can buy a $400 nexus 10 for the same price.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,806   +702

It's nice but I think I'll stick to more manageable size in my pocket thanks. If I need something with a screen that size then I can always fall back on my tablet.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,014   +683

That is a tablet, not a phone. The 'Note' part indicates it comes with the pen and has the multi-app functions that allow you to use two apps side-by-side. You should compare it to the Note 10.1, not the Galaxy Note 2.

They said it was going to be less than an iPad mini. Why would I get an 8 inch when a little more $$ will get me the Note 10.1? I was really hoping this was going to be $299 or less. Looks like the next hope for a cheaper tablet is the new Nexus 7 due out this summer.
  5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Mike
    Just wait about 2-3 months. It WILL drop in price. There will be another device or two out there that will draw attention away from this one. Its much like the video game market. That newest hottest game costs $60 on release day. Three months down the line you can get it for half. The cellphone companies know you want the newest and hottest phone/tablet/ect right when it hits the market and they price it accordingly. Be a tad patient and Im 100% sure that before xmas you will see this around the $200 range.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,806   +702

Oh. I thought it was a phone as well. In that case it's not so bad.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.