TechSpot

Samsung Galaxy S II gets 200,000 preorders, more than iPhone 4

By Emil
May 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has taken over 200,000 pre-orders of the Galaxy S II across all three major Korean carriers between Monday and Friday of last week. About 160,000 of those were from…

Read the whole story
  2. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

one word

winning :D
  3. CamaroMullet

CamaroMullet TS Rookie Posts: 115

wow, and that's just for Korea? I can't wait to upgrade from my current Vibrant.
  4. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

That phone sounds orgasmic, and it double the power of my D2G! Still, no keyboard,
  5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,064   +38

Is there a release date in here or did read past it?
  6. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

And I just got my SGS not long ago :( On that end I don't think its that worthwhile an upgrade... though that is an immensely sexy phone...
  7. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

That's a really really good phone!!! Not a fan of Samsung but a I do like the original Galaxy S.
  8. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Best screen I've ever seen and fastest phone I've ever used. Definitely a worthy upgrade to my i9000.
  9. Funny how the design is almost exactly similar to the iphone...Coincidence. :)
  10. princeton

Not really. The screen is almost 1 inch bigger, the device is thinner and it has 3 buttons at the bottom.

Unless apple has patented curved corners(well they THINK they did) on a device then there's no similarities other than it being a candy bar phone with a speaker over the screen.
  11. Looks like Samsung has another winner on their hands!

12. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

I think the design is more similar to their older phone, the F480. this just seems like a larger more scaled up version of that.

The front looks similar (Most touch screen smarts do) but the similarities pretty much end there.

Besides, I don't think apple has patented "Large screen with button at the bottom".
  13. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

"The device's new Live Panel allows you to aggregate web, social networking, and app content to a single customizable home screen."

Exactly, Samsung has managed to grow WP's 'Hubs' on this device, not a bad copy thgouh ;)
  14. princeton

They seem to think they did.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.