Samsung Galaxy S II gets 200,000 preorders, more than iPhone 4

By Emil
May 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has taken over 200,000 pre-orders of the Galaxy S II across all three major Korean carriers between Monday and Friday of last week. About 160,000 of those were from…

Read the whole story
  2. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

one word

winning :D
  3. CamaroMullet

CamaroMullet TS Rookie Posts: 93

wow, and that's just for Korea? I can't wait to upgrade from my current Vibrant.
  4. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 412

That phone sounds orgasmic, and it double the power of my D2G! Still, no keyboard,
  5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,276   +106

Is there a release date in here or did read past it?
  6. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 376

And I just got my SGS not long ago :( On that end I don't think its that worthwhile an upgrade... though that is an immensely sexy phone...
  7. backo

backo TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +8

That's a really really good phone!!! Not a fan of Samsung but a I do like the original Galaxy S.
  8. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Best screen I've ever seen and fastest phone I've ever used. Definitely a worthy upgrade to my i9000.
  9. Funny how the design is almost exactly similar to the iphone...Coincidence. :)
  10. princeton

Not really. The screen is almost 1 inch bigger, the device is thinner and it has 3 buttons at the bottom.

Unless apple has patented curved corners(well they THINK they did) on a device then there's no similarities other than it being a candy bar phone with a speaker over the screen.
  11. Looks like Samsung has another winner on their hands!
  12. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 376

I think the design is more similar to their older phone, the F480. this just seems like a larger more scaled up version of that.

The front looks similar (Most touch screen smarts do) but the similarities pretty much end there.

Besides, I don't think apple has patented "Large screen with button at the bottom".
  13. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

"The device's new Live Panel allows you to aggregate web, social networking, and app content to a single customizable home screen."

Exactly, Samsung has managed to grow WP's 'Hubs' on this device, not a bad copy thgouh ;)
  14. princeton

They seem to think they did.