Samsung Galaxy S24 spec sheet leaks, outlines all three models

Daniel Sims

Staff
In brief: Information about Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S24 smartphones has been leaking for a while, and the specifications for the flagship model emerged last week. Now, the full official spec sheet for all three models is available, providing a clear picture of their mid-January unveiling.

Leaker Evan Blass has revealed what appears to be Samsung's official comparison chart for all three upcoming Galaxy S24 smartphones. In comparison to the top-end S24 Ultra, which leaked earlier, the mainstream models primarily make sacrifices in memory, storage, and camera resolution.

The middle-tier S24+ slightly reduces the screen size from the Ultra's 6.8 inches to 6.7 inches. Its camera reverts to a three-lens setup with a 50MP primary camera, compared to the flagship's 200MP. While all three phones can record up to 8K video, the S24+'s telephoto zoom maxes out at 3x.

(Click to expand)

Memory and storage configurations are identical between the Ultra and S24+ – 12GB of RAM with the choice between 256GB or 512GB models, indicating that Samsung has dropped the S23 Ultra's 1TB option. The mid-range phone features slightly less battery capacity – 4,900mAh compared to the Ultra's 5,000.

Finally, the mainstream Galaxy S24 shrinks again to 6.2 inches while retaining the S24+'s camera specs. Its primary cuts are to the storage, memory, and battery. It has only 8GB of RAM and the option of either a 128GB or 256GB variant with a 4,000mAh battery – a slight improvement over its predecessor's 3,900mAh battery.

Unsurprisingly, the S24+ and S24 feature an aluminum chassis instead of the Ultra's titanium, and only the flagship model supports the S Pen. The leaked chart also confirms that all three S24 phones have been upgraded from the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 to Qualcomm's latest Gen 3 processor.

Previous information suggests that AI will be a major feature of the S24 series. The cameras will utilize AI-based image stabilization to enable cleaner photos, even in low-light conditions. Other rumored AI-powered functionalities suggest the presence of onboard AI hardware similar to that which powers the Google Pixel 8. This could enable generative features like real-time voice translation, text summaries, and AI-based image manipulation to extend photos or create wallpapers.

Samsung is expected to officially reveal the S24 lineup on January 17. The spec sheet doesn't include pricing details.

Permalink to story.

And here I am still using my S8. Surprisingly the battery still holds a decent charge and it takes better pictures than my wife's S21 she got about 2 years ago.

In the near future I'll need to replace this phone of mine....I wonder if the S8 will still have better photo taking capabilities over whatever dribble Samsung keeps pushing out.

What about the Soc Chips for world wide markets? Some say Samsung is going back to use their exynos for the S24+ and S24, and only the ultra will use Qualcomm world wide

Back