TechSpot

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini successor rumored for late May, early June

By Matthew
Apr 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is reportedly preparing even more Galaxy phones for launch in the immediate future, this time an update to last year's Galaxy S3 Mini. Although the company hasn't said anything about the devices yet, Dutch site TechTastic found a couple...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,029   +913

If the S4 Mini is like the S3 in terms of specs, it will fail.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,129   +731

Depends... maybe it's not meant for the US. Perhaps they mean to sell it in China or India where personal incomes are lower and people don't have extra money. Even the US has a ton of low cost phones available. Look at the page of choices for phones from a major carrier. There are many options for $50 or even free with a contract.

People say Samsung has too many products, but the goal for a company is to be able to market to everyone. I'll bet Samsung would love to let people build their own phones like Dell lets you build your computer. Imagine how many they'd sell if you could pick your features?

Anyway... the number one criticism I remember hearing about the S3 was that it was too big to use in one hand.

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Now a 4.3 inch screen, back into Mobile Phone territory again ;)

Mbloof likes this.
  5. Mbloof

Mbloof TS Rookie Posts: 56   +7

Indeed! I really don't know what hands/pockets these monsters that keep getting released are intended for but surely not mine!

While the smaller form will likely include a smaller battery, hopefully the power savings of the smaller screen will be larger than the reduction in size.

6. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Rookie Posts: 66

EXACTLY!!! I dont know why people think big is better. the S4 is like an amazon kindle fire. I dont need anything that big. I have an iphone 5 which is the maximum size I will ever buy in a phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.