Samsung Galaxy S5's rumored new UI leaked ahead of release

1. A lot is being speculated about Samsung's upcoming flagship smartphone Galaxy S5. Most notably, it is reportedly coming with a whole new user interface. Noted leaker @evleaks has posted an image of the home screen, which looks like a hybrid...

Read more
  2. insect

insect TechSpot Booster Posts: 183   +45

Meh. I just care about the hardware. I can change the software.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,020   +683

That explains this then..

Good thinking Samsung. Touchwiz is terrible.
  4. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 671   +202

Yes, because Windows Phone is so popular, that's definitely who you wanna be emulating, Samsung.

/facepalm
  5. Then why insist on creating your own user interface for an operating system not made by you? I can only imagine the confusion and mayhem it would cause if PC makers each made their own user interface for their Windows PCs. Stock Android has quite a good interface.
  6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,020   +683

Yeah, but then people would be able to use any Android phone. This way they get used to a Samsung and then buy another because it's familiar. Then their family members see it and buy it because they want one like it and the other android phones look different so they go with what they know. It's all part of building a brand.

And as good as stock android is, some of the things the manufacturers add are pretty nice. The HTC One's highlight videos are a good example, and features like the active display in the Moto X (it can keep the screen on like a screen saver and show the time at night etc... it's possible with any android, but only really makes sense for a phone that is lit pixel by pixel like the Moto X is. A backlit phone would kill the battery if it tried that.) Different hardware can do different tricks.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,035   +70

So 'Tilization' continues, courtesy copying of MS's WP by Google, then by HTC and now Samsung ........ oh well I guess if one can't come up with a new idea, then just copy the best one anyway.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.