TechSpot

Samsung: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9 coming this summer

By Emil
Mar 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has officially announced two additions to its family of Galaxy Tabs: the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 8.9. The WiFi version of the 10.1 will arrive on June 8, 2011 in 16GB ($500) and 32GB ($600) flavors while the 8.9 will also be available in 16GB ($470) and 32GB ($570) versions. They join the original 7-inch Galaxy Tab, which has already been quite a success for the company

Read the whole story
  2. Quinneypoo

Quinneypoo TS Rookie

Why does Techspot keep reporting on these terrible tablets? They might sell a few 1,000 but that's it, and the iPad is clearly superior.
  3. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

*millions sold
  4. I see an Apple fan who doesn't analyze the hardware and spec, but only see the brand in the eyes
  5. mosu

mosu TS Enthusiast Posts: 305

I'm ready to bet that within a year Samsung will outsell Apple at least in Europe.
  6. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

I'm not even convinced that you read the article. The tablet starts at $500 which is the same starting price for the Ipad 2, It also has much better specs including higher resolution, flash support and actual decent cameras.
  7. natefalk

natefalk TS Rookie Posts: 78

Anyone know which processor these tablets use? I'm guessing the Tegra 2, but this article doesn't specify. If so, this tablet is comparable to the Xoom (only slightly lighter and less expensive).
  8. Quinneypoo

Quinneypoo TS Rookie

Wow I didn't realize there were "* millions" of retarded people, who would go out of their way to get the tablet that is inferior. Specs aren't everything, its the whole experience and the iPad delivers on both.
  9. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

Android actual provides a very decent experience too which I would say rivals iOS. With a competitive price, processor, and weight, all the other specs just weigh further in its favor. All the the over all experience is unknown at this moment as it is not out yet, on paper it looks to be a worthy advisory to the Ipad 2.
  10. bonniesmith

bonniesmith TS Rookie Posts: 40

Android is going to really beat up iOS on this one
  11. They all suck.... Apple Included...due to the price. They need to get down below $399 and even better around $200 and they will be worthy of the mass market.

12. Sista

Sista TS Rookie

I agree. The pricing for all of them is ridiculous.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.