Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets a 12-minute video

Emil

Staff

The first video of the Samsung's latest and greatest, titled "One day with The New Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1," has been posted on YouTube. It's 12 minutes of hands-on footage, and is brought to you courtesy of Android HD. Again, this is not an official video from Samsung, as you can probably figure out from the video's description:

World Exclusive !!!! the first video test of the NEW Android Honeycomb Tablet. Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 is your ultimate entertainer, delivering multimedia tablet experience at the grandest scale ever

Watch Full HD movies, take 8MP photos, and play games or surf Flash websites on the large 10.1" display and dual surround sound speakers

Everything runs smoother, faster and better with the powerful 1GHz Dual Core Processor and Android 3.0, Honeycomb platform.

Incredibly lightweight at just 599g and yet still fully loaded with features, Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 is your consummate entertrainer and it's always ready to perform

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has a 10.1" WXGA TFT LCD display (1280x800 resolution), powered by a 1GHz dual core application processor. The device only weighs 1.23 pounds (599 grams), and though it has a SIM slot, 3.5mm jack, BlueTooth 2.1, and Wi-Fi 802.11, it uses Samsung's proprietary charging cable and doesn't have USB or HDMI ports. It also includes dual surround-sound speakers, an 8MP rear-facing camera with Auto Focus which can capture 1080p video, a 2MP front-facing camera, and will be available in 16GB or 32GB flavors. Like its predecessor, it ships with Flash 10.1.

Samsung unveiled that Galaxy Tab 10.1 last month. The 10.1 will be launching in March in both Asia and Europe, with Vodafone being the first carrier to have it, but Samsung has yet to reveal timing for a North American launch. Pricing is a similar story, though it will supposedly be "competitive."

Permalink to story.

i dont understand tablets for common people. why not laptop? a bag is a bag, smaller or bigger.

The Galaxy tab 10.1 is going to rock, I have the old Galaxy Tab and they put a lot of effort into that already (7"), just imagine what they'll do with a 10.1. Good video for sure.

Guest said:
i dont understand tablets for common people. why not laptop? a bag is a bag, smaller or bigger.

Um...tablets were made for common people. Thin, light, portable. Made for easy web browsing and watching movies on the go. Why buy a bulky laptop when you can get a thin, light weight tablet? Tablets are easier to carry around and pull out when you need it. Perfect for the average joe.

You say "a bag is a bag, smaller or bigger". I don't mean to be rude, and mean no offense, but that is kind of a naive statement. It's not true when you factor in how much you're already carrying plus weight.

The down side, though, is the price. For the price of a tablet, you can get a nice laptop with twice the power. But why need all that power for simple web browsing, movie watching, and music listening.

For me, the price is what's keeping me from getting one. Though now that we've learned you can hack a $250 Nook Color to run at 1.1gHz and run Android 3.0 on it, I might be getting one pretty soon :)

Back