Samsung grabs 60 percent of US 3D TV market

By Emil
Jul 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung Electronics America has announced that it has surpassed the 60 percent market share threshold in the US 3D TV market, which includes both LED and Plasma televisions. As a…

Read the whole story
  2. does that mean they have 300 of the 500 sets?
  3. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

$50 for one pair of glasses? damn, ill pass thanks
  4. @ Mindwraith "$50 for one pair of glasses? damn, ill pass thanks"

For the low end ones...... Higher quality one's with rechargeable batteries start around $100.
    They have bluetooth built in, they have to communicate to the tv so the tv can synch with the glasses about which shutter is open/closed on the glasses.

Also my brand new 43" Samsung 3d Plasma tv... didn't even come with glasses :(
  5. Panasonic Plasma still provides the best picture quality / deepest blacks on the market (outside of Pioneer Kuro). 3D is a gimmick until you won't have to wear glasses. I can't even imagine how poor people with glasses have to put on another set of glasses. Currently there is also a large price premium for 3D features alone. I'd much rather purchase a 60-65 inch 2D television rather than get a 50 inch 3D TV. My current Panasonic 42 inch is still going strong since 2006 and I'll probably keep it for another 4-5 years before TVs move to AMOLED or other superior technologies than backlit LED.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.