TechSpot

Samsung introduces 17.3" R720 laptop

By Matthew
Jun 10, 2009
  1. Samsung has introduced a successor to last year\'s R710, the R720. With its 17.3” (16:9) LED display and ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 graphics chip (512MB or 1GB GDDR3); the R720 is best fit for multimedia purposes.

Read the whole story

2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

Anything above 15" is a desktop! These massive notebooks that clock in at 17" are hardly portable computing. And they'll cook your huevos if you do try to use it on your lap.

I still can't say that I'm a fan of wide-screen laptops. I'll never let go of my 4:3 screen. Most web pages I come to don't scroll wide, they scroll up and down which emphasizes the weakness of these screens.

Maybe some of you road warriors can chime in and help me understand the market for these monsters?

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

its a desktop replacement, not a desktop imo, Ive owned several 17" laptops, they offer more power and its versitile. You choose, lug around a 8lb laptop or a monitor, a 40lb pc case and keyboard. There's a market for them, it may just not be yours.

4. this surely packs in quite a muscle.it can replace a mid-range desktop easily. the graphics core is nice for gaming and multimedia but alas the weight :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.