TechSpot

Samsung intros five more Series 9 ultraportable laptops

By Matthew
Jul 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Following up on a "very positive reception" to its initial Series 9 notebooks, Samsung has expanded the ultraportable line with five more models. Unveiled ahead of the back-to-school season, the…

Read the whole story

2. These poop on anything apple has to offer, design wise, feature wise and speed wise.

3. NZvista

NZvista TS Enthusiast Posts: 90

Doesn't anything? ;)

4. Samsung is lookin' good!

5. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

Man I'd love to have that top of the line model with the 256gb ssd. Anyone got 2 grand I can borrow? lol :p

6. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 813   +26

I was about to get upset over the price, but then I realized they use SSDs instead of HDDs, and now I understand, lol. They look very nice, though...too bad i'll never be able to afford one :-(

7. If these are sold in the UK for the equivalent in GBP (around £650 for the cheapest model) rather than an inflated price, I'd be very tempted to get one of the 11 inch versions.

My first laptop was 14 inches, very thick, heavy, overheated constantly and cost £1400/$2250, and that was considered a fairly modest, almost budget laptop at the time.

8. Nice NBs!, but Why only Intel CPUs??... If Samsung offer a AMD APU A8 option, that will be the NB of my dreams.

9. I wonder why none of the big electronics firms can beat Apple in price and features. The new Macbook Airs are out and the lowest-end Apple model costs less than the lowest end Series 9 model and packs more features (i5 vs i3, for example).