Samsung launches Snapdragon 810 Note 4 as Galaxy Alpha is killed off

By Scorpus
Dec 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung isn't finished with announcements for 2014, launching a new variant of the Galaxy Note 4 before CES kicks off in a few weeks. While most aspects of the Note 4 remain the same, the SoC has received a decent...

Read more
  2. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 862   +353

Too expensive
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

This is sure to impress the folks who just handed over a fortune for the 805 SOC equipped Note 4.
    Moral of the story, stay one generation behind the latest and greatest, you're not gonna miss out on much and it'll save you money and frustration.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,527   +688

Well said! I wish the old phones had the support that many of the old OS's had. I can still find independents that are supporting XT and doing a pretty smart job of it. If Samsung were smart, they would set themselves apart by keeping the support alive. Many an "old" customer would appreciate it and show that by buying a few more phones for their grandchildren! WOW, what a concept ..... lol
  5. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,603   +411

"'s unlikely the model will be available in other nations any time soon."
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

Anyway 64 bit SOC's are all marketing hype till at least the end of 2015 so it really makes no nevermind, at least it wouldn't to me.
  7. This is not about 64-bit. Sure, 64-bit may not be much use in mobile for a while, but going from ARMv7 to ARMv8 is a huge step. Just look at the Apple A8 (based on ARMv8), which outperforms most Snapdragon 80x SoCs despite having half the cores and much lower frequencies.