Samsung may launch two versions of the Galaxy Note 4, one with a curved display

Shawn Knight

Staff member

galaxy note

Smartphone technology is often predictable. By that, I mean it’s pretty safe to bet that the next iteration in an established line will have a faster processor, a larger screen, an updated operating system and maybe better battery life. Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Note 4 looks to be no different, expect when you consider the latest rumor making the rounds regarding the phablet.

According to The Korea Times, an executive from one of Samsung’s suppliers claims Sammy is gearing up to release two different versions of the Note 4. The first would be a standard version with a flat display while the second would take after the Galaxy Round released last year.

The latter device would be classified as a niche product and as such, would only be offered in select markets according to the source.

The Galaxy Note 4 looks to be a beast of a smartphone if the latest rumors prove accurate. Under the 5.7-inch display (1,440 x 2,560) is rumored to be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor clocked at 2.7GHz, 4GB of RAM and a 16-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) that’s capable of recording 4K clips.

Most believe the handset will debut on September 3 during one of Samsung’s Unpacked events. If you check your calendar, you’ll see that coincides with the start of the annual IFA trade show in Berlin. Samsung’s Galaxy Note refresh typically takes place around the same time each year.

Permalink to story.

It will be a good phone for another month or two, till the next one :)

Not so ground-breaking, considering the competition. LG's G3 makes far better use of the phone size, same screen size, same resolution, but the phone itself is so much smaller.

The LED keys make whole lot difference when using my GS4 over any other android phone or even an iPhone. They are so convenient that I grew severely dependent on them.

Holy cow... A phone with a 5.7" display. A person who wants a phone that size either has very large pockets, poor eyesight or buckets for hands, maybe even all of them. The big screen TV in my lounge doesn't even have such an enormous screen, in fact I've seen smaller screens at drive-in's. :);)

Holy cow... A phone with a 5.7" display. A person who wants a phone that size either has very large pockets, poor eyesight or buckets for hands, maybe even all of them. The big screen TV in my lounge doesn't even have such an enormous screen, in fact I've seen smaller screens at drive-in's. :);)

Or maybe they use their phone primarily to consume media rather than make calls?
If you're spending most of the time on your phone watching videos, web browsing or just using the screen in general then you'll benefit from a large screen. The Note 3 is the best phone so far imo for media consumption.

Back