Samsung offers speed boost, power savings with new mobile chip

By Matthew
Sep 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has unveiled a new mobile processor that offers more performance and less power consumption than previous iterations. The Exynos 4212 has two ARM Cortex-A9 processing cores clocked at 1.5GHz,…

Read the whole story
  2. What? Dual-core 1.5Ghz, 16Mp of camera, 1080P video capture, and 64Gb of flash, all for a mobile device? That is just ridiculous! Yet, I want it, and I want it bad.
  3. monkeychef23

monkeychef23 TechSpot Member Posts: 88

"What? Dual-core 1.5Ghz, 16Mp of camera, 1080P video capture, and 64Gb of flash, all for a mobile device? That is just ridiculous! Yet, I want it, and I want it bad."

Well, I would like that device to. Just a few issues.

A) No phone has a 16MP camera yet (highest I have seen in around 12-13, but we are getting there)
    B) For some reason phone manufacturers are not putting a lot of flash into the phones. It boggles my mind. The highest I have seen for an android phone is 16gb, and even though its a good number (especially if there is a microSD slot) its still low for what we are able to have

Anyway...I am really rooting for Samsung now. If they can incorporate Cyanogen mod and maybe MIUI into there software, they will be the best phone maker ever.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.