Samsung officially announces the Galaxy S III Mini

By Jos
Oct 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It was hardly a surprise at this point but Samsung today officially announced the Galaxy S III mini, a 4-inch variant of the company's flagship smartphone. The device features a dual-core 1GHz STE U8420 chip, 1GB of RAM, either 8...

Read more
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 516   +137

"Man, that looks like an iPhone"
    -No one ever said
    ravy likes this.
  3. Meteorix

Meteorix Newcomer, in training

It is still plastic... I like the phone but the lack of quality in buildings materials are notable.

Not a fanboy, I love Andriod but even with Samsung they have to make an effort to make better phones, the iPhone is NOT the best choice for some people but it looks even like a piece of jewelry in the details.
  4. Everybody has different tastes. It depends on what features are important to you. Going with either iOS or Android won't hurt. Heck, if you want something totally different, go with Windows phone.

As long as you're satisfied in the end with whatever purchase you made, you're a winner!
  5. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

I like this smaller screen.. I wish they retain the quadcore...
  6. "It is still plastic... I like the phone but the lack of quality in buildings materials are notable"

because this phone targeted for entry-level or mid-level unlike his big brother, that's why you'll see lack of build quality and lower specs for reducing production cost..
  7. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 802   +8

Uhg. Why does it have to be friggin white? What's wrong with black? Not everybody wants an ugly white phone. I don't even care for "pebble blue" but I'd get over it. To me, white just doesn't look good. I don't know why...I can't explain it. Every time I see a white phone I just want to punch a baby :p
  8. I agree in this aspect. I personally own the Samsung Galaxy SIII, love its features and all. But it does feel cheap because of the plastic design. I would love to see Samsung use aluminum or other polished metals for more protection and better feel.

Nevertheless, a GREAT phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.