TechSpot

Samsung prototypes a brainwave-monitoring wearable for early stroke detection

1. Samsung engineers have developed a brainwave monitoring solution aimed at detecting the onset of a stroke. Dubbed Early Detection Sensor & Algorithm Package (EDSAP), the prototype solution allows anyone with a smartphone or tablet to monitor the electrical impulses released...

Read more

2. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 845   +335

Soon we will use Samsung phones in hospitals so we can track strokes blood pressure heart rate and whatnot.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I don't know what to make of this. While it could be a good thing to some, I don't think I want to know when my number comes up. I'd rather leave my future in the hands of fate instead another wearable.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Not just Samsung. You're a tech follower so you should know in the world of tech it's always a case of monkey see, monkey do unless of course your competitor gets his posterior handed to him for introducing some hair brained scheme, gadget or whatever.

5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

I sense a possible lie detector...

6. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

Early detection of strokes will allow the patient to receive timely (within 12-24 hours) medicine to lessen the likelihood of damage. Device not meant for hospital use, but in homes for those who have a high risk to strokes from, say diabetes. If it works, and the price is right, why not? Problem is, Apple is working on a patent on this as we speak....

7. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

Be great for football, hockey players to determine concussions, and not only at the pro level. Kids who play those contact sports are at risk to head injuries. Take note NFL, NHL, etc...