TechSpot

Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S smartphones

By Emil
Jan 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced that it has sold more than 10 million Galaxy S smartphone handsets since the series' launch in June 2010, according to Samsung Hub. The company thus sold about 1.4 million devices per month or about 40,000 units per day. 2 million units were sold in South Korea, 4 million were pushed out in North America, and 2.5 million handsets were purchased in Europe. The Galaxy S is Samsung's best-selling smartphone model; when the company sold

Read the whole story

2. Still waiting for Andriod 2.2 for Vibrant variant :(

3. You must be on Tmobile like myself. Pretty depressing... a friend also bought Vibrant like 2 weeks after me in the fall with Verizon and it came with a camera flash and Froyo. Still a pretty nice phone.

4. cyriene

cyriene TS Rookie Posts: 31

With selling that many phone Samsung needs to get their **** together and release froyo...and then gingerbread soon! My Captivate are waiting for the goodness!

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

I've got Froyo on Galaxy S few weeks ago, but I'm still awaiting their announcement about upgrading it to Gingerbread. Anyway overall its a nice phone to own, but I read rumors that they are about to launch its successor in few months; so .........

6. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.