TechSpot

Samsung sells 5 million Galaxy S smartphones

By Emil
Oct 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced that it has sold more than 5 million Galaxy S smartphone handsets since the series' launch in June, according to Reuters. Korea Newswire meanwhile specifies that number includes more than 2 million units in the US and more than 1 million units in Korea.

Read the whole story
  2. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

Sucks being left behind with the Eris. =(
  3. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Ahhh yes, 5,000,000 Galaxy S variants and EACH and EVERY one of them has major problems with GPS reception and it still hasn't been fixed. At this point, I wonder, can it be fixed by drivers? Otherwise it's a beautiful phone. But SAMOLED screen and .45nm Hummingbird and SGX 540 GPU don't matter if it's got one major flaw. At least for me anyways. I have a chance of purchasing one this month but I'm sticking to my HTC Desire because I can do a lot more with that phone and it doesn't have any specific flaws that I know of.
  4. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

That's true, my friend does seem to be experiencing issues with the GPS.
  5. Lamberty

Lamberty TS Rookie

Editor, I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but the article states that "All of them still boast a 4-inch AMOLED touch screen display, 1Ghz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor, 5-megapixel camera with LED flash" I'm currently using Captivate and mine doesn't have LED Flash sadly :(, just want to make sure I'm either reading this correctly and I missed something on my phone lol.
  6. Lamberty

Lamberty TS Rookie

I've actually had this same issue, but noticed when I use google maps to pull up an address and when I select the option for navigation it surprisingly works, but when trying to allow the phone to use location with GPS it doesn't work...Weird.
  7. inesita

inesita TS Rookie

as an avid fan of apple's iphone i never reconsidered to buy an android smartphone but after trying the samsung galaxy s and seeing the amazing image quality thank's to the amoled technology and the menu's navigation and the size of the screen, i'm definitely thinking of giving it a try!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.