TechSpot

Samsung starts rolling out Android 2.3 for Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S

By Emil
May 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced that the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) upgrade to its Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy Ace/Gio/Fit/mini devices has begun to roll out on Kies, the company's device management…

Read the whole story

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,110   +45

This is supporting the Galaxy S Captivate?

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I got gingerbread on my SGS over a month ago. Kind of late news in terms of the SGS.

Not until later. Blame your carriers for not compiling the source samsung gives em :p

4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

I guess it's a good thing I held off on upgrading my cousins Captivate, as it will be receiving an update to 2.3 very soon, if not already?

5. note they mention Africa last... FML

6. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Uh you realize the captivate is still on eclair right. The captivate won't be getting gingerbread for a long time if EVER. You can't go from eclair to gingerbread on the galaxy S, it needs the froyo bootloader to update to the gingerbread one.

7. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

The Captivate is on Froyo actually. I figured, when they said Galaxy S, they meant ALL Galaxy S phones. Any evidence that it won't be getting Gingerbread? From what you said, I suppose I'll have to upgrade her to Froyo first.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.