Samsung SyncMaster 940BW - Check Signal Cable

So yesterday I was on my computer and my monitor started displaying a "check signal cable" message on my screen. First thing I thought was oh snap my video card took a crap on me. So I plugged the monitor into the built in vga port. Still same thing. Then I thought, I would try plugging the monitor into my laptop. So I plugged it into my laptop. The laptop registered it was there so I set up duel screens. The laptop knew that the monitor was there, you could scroll of the laptop screen to the desktop screen, but still the monitor reads check signal cables. I then decided that my VGA cable must be faulty, so i replaced that. Still same error. I really don't want to get a new monitor, I have fallen in love with this one.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

I know on some (all) monitors that have DVI and VGA in there is a button you can hit to switch back and forth on the input. Maybe its on DVI and you are using VGA (or the other way around). Have you tried changing inputs?

Yeah SNGX1275,
my Samsung 245bw monitor has a button with an arrow pointing left for switching inputs, but it still will attempt to connect to the active video connection automatically

I really feel like an ***** now, thanks a lot guys. There was a switch, I must have pressed it by accident at some point. Thank you so much for all your help!!

Back