Samsung TFT flickers????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokecan72

ive got a samsung syncmaster 152v and it keeps flickering.

right now as i type this its flickerin like hell. kinda resembles a CRT monitor???

anyone know why???? ive tried changing the refresh rate and the colour depth but its the same no matter what???

TFT's have native resolution and refresh rates they settings should be set to them .You should start with that.Since you have integrated video , you might want to see if there is an update availible, settings in your bios should be confirmed also ( shadowing,etc)

P.S. Welcome to Techspot!

Its probably the backlight that's flickering (fluorecent tube). Mine sometimes flickers until it warms up fully. If yours is permanently flickering then maybe you need to send it in for repair.

i havnt got integrated video, got a shuttle SN45G with an Asus radeon 9600SE. the refresh rate is set to 60hz, this monitor can only support 60, 72 and 75hz. tried them all but the other 2 make the screen very blury. after it warms right up it starts to constantly flicker, however, its been on all day so far (from 10am till 5pm) and its not flickering??? its not as warm as it was last night though??? maybe when it gets really hot it starts to flicker?? ive emailed samsung anyways and am waitin for a reply

I think the reason he assumed you had integrated video is because in your profile it says that. Please update this to show your new current settings.

ah sorry about that, i didnt even know i had done that in my profile???? lol

just shows how long its been since i was last on here. i destroyed the comp that was described in my profile at crimbo :(

fried the 6 channel audio by accident :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back