Samsung to begin Android 4.0 rollout for Galaxy S II owners on March 15

By Shawn Knight
Mar 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to the Galaxy S II smartphone on March 15 for select users. The news comes courtesy of a post…

Read the whole story
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 694   +210

Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!
  3. Twixtea

Twixtea Newcomer, in training Posts: 87

I have a Galaxy S II, but I bought it in Iran, will I be able to change the OS?
    Is it free of charge?
  4. Thank god for rooting and custom ROMs! I have been using ICS on my S5660 for a month now. :)
  5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

Yes, I agree. I put ICS on my Captivate awhile back... just recently though I flashed it back to stock rom, then upgraded to 2.3 update, whatever Kies updated me to.

I was getting random shutdowns throughout the day, some days it was consistant, other days none at all.

So... as this is great... there is a slight downfall... hope they got most the bugs worked out for the Galaxy II though. I bet they did.
  6. Great to see they're rollin' em out as promised, but I've been running MIUIv4 ICS for months and it's rock solid.
    With the active dev community, the SGS2 still has a long life ahead of it.
  7. kamz999

kamz999 Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Until then Lets MIUI!!!
  8. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

So, I looked up MIUIv4, and found a thread...

I mean... maybe I took this out of context, but how can it be rock solid if its clearly stated that these options/functions do not work.

Can anyone clear that up for me?
  9. lordbf1

lordbf1 Newcomer, in training

I can not wait for the official ics. But until then I am MIUI man.
  10. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Still waiting for ICS to roll out for my Droid RAZR... i could root but there aren't any fully operational 4.0 ROMs. At least to my knowledge...
  11. Thank God. I love you.

Great Birthday Gift.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.