TechSpot

Samsung to show off Windows 8 tablet next week

By Shawn Knight
Sep 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung will be showing off a tablet based on Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 operating system next week. The collaboration with Microsoft will be a first for Samsung in its hardware…

Read the whole story

2. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 803   +9

3. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Samsung, I don't care about windows tablets, Release your Mango Phones!!!

4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Its my understanding that the new win7 update is not yet complete, is that still correct? Anyway I for one am interested in the win8 tablets, particularly samsung made ones. I am more interested in getting a win8 tablet then upgrading my PC to win8

5. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 410   +38

Well I do care about Windows tablets... and I know many others in the IT community I work in that do as well. We are still waiting for a good solid performer with good hardware. Unfortunately all the good hardware seems to be aimed at Android. I really like the Galaxy Tab II hardware, but no support for Windows :(

6. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 803   +9

The Samsung tablet will have killer hardware, but will run you more $ than any other tablet. Between $1099 to $1349 depending on the model and whether or not you spring for the additional keyboard and stand.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

@aj
    I believe WP7M is at RTM stage, and roll out should begin as soon as the OEMs are ready, but I suspect they may hold up the up-gradation process for existing/older smartphones till they are done with launching of new smartphones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.