TechSpot

Samsung to show off Windows 8 tablet next week

By Shawn Knight
Sep 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung will be showing off a tablet based on Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 operating system next week. The collaboration with Microsoft will be a first for Samsung in its hardware…

Read the whole story

2. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 797   +17

3. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 514   +9

Samsung, I don't care about windows tablets, Release your Mango Phones!!!

4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Its my understanding that the new win7 update is not yet complete, is that still correct? Anyway I for one am interested in the win8 tablets, particularly samsung made ones. I am more interested in getting a win8 tablet then upgrading my PC to win8

5. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 806   +193

Well I do care about Windows tablets... and I know many others in the IT community I work in that do as well. We are still waiting for a good solid performer with good hardware. Unfortunately all the good hardware seems to be aimed at Android. I really like the Galaxy Tab II hardware, but no support for Windows :(

6. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 797   +17

The Samsung tablet will have killer hardware, but will run you more $ than any other tablet. Between $1099 to $1349 depending on the model and whether or not you spring for the additional keyboard and stand.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,678   +85

@aj
    I believe WP7M is at RTM stage, and roll out should begin as soon as the OEMs are ready, but I suspect they may hold up the up-gradation process for existing/older smartphones till they are done with launching of new smartphones.