TechSpot

Samsung unveils Series 7 notebooks with ExpressCache

By Jos
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced a new range of laptops today that is meant to fit somewhere between the existing Series 3 and Series 9 lines in terms of pricing. The new…

Read the whole story

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,678   +85

So in other words my DV6 is already 'outdated' just two months after I purchased it (mainly because of that 8 GB cache)? :(

3. Raswan

Raswan TS Enthusiast Posts: 279

Good to see usb 3 becoming the norm

4. Archean,

Z68 ssd-cache is still FAR inferior to a proper SSD. It's only $100 for a 60GB SSD. So your laptop is hardly "obsolete." Also, I would define obsolescence as no longer adequate to meet YOUR unique needs: (1) portability (2) office work (3) games (4) movies (5) Internet, etc. Until the point when your laptop is no longer usable for you, it's not obsolete :)

5. Archean

Yes I know that, but it is still bit better than the traditional mechanical HDD, and yes it still does all what you said and more when I ask it to do so ;)

6. Nice notebooks... Samsung computers tend to have excellent reliability, especially since they make practically every component in-house instead of outsourcing to the lowest bidder.

7. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Guru Posts: 479   +22

Sucker!

Heh. Actually just go purchase a small SSD and blow that thing out of the water.

8. Archean

The thought had occurred to me as well Jib, but I haven't checked that whether I can pull out the DVD and slap a SSD in its place.

9. Makes me wihs i had waited before buying my vaio S