Samsung unveils Series 7 notebooks with ExpressCache

By Jos
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has announced a new range of laptops today that is meant to fit somewhere between the existing Series 3 and Series 9 lines in terms of pricing. The new…

Read the whole story
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

So in other words my DV6 is already 'outdated' just two months after I purchased it (mainly because of that 8 GB cache)? :(
  3. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 279

Good to see usb 3 becoming the norm
  4. Archean,

Z68 ssd-cache is still FAR inferior to a proper SSD. It's only $100 for a 60GB SSD. So your laptop is hardly "obsolete." Also, I would define obsolescence as no longer adequate to meet YOUR unique needs: (1) portability (2) office work (3) games (4) movies (5) Internet, etc. Until the point when your laptop is no longer usable for you, it's not obsolete :)
  5. Archean

Yes I know that, but it is still bit better than the traditional mechanical HDD, and yes it still does all what you said and more when I ask it to do so ;)
  6. Nice notebooks... Samsung computers tend to have excellent reliability, especially since they make practically every component in-house instead of outsourcing to the lowest bidder.
  7. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Sucker!

Heh. Actually just go purchase a small SSD and blow that thing out of the water.
  8. Archean

The thought had occurred to me as well Jib, but I haven't checked that whether I can pull out the DVD and slap a SSD in its place.
  9. Makes me wihs i had waited before buying my vaio S

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.